10 *Relatable* Points For Every Girl Whose Mom Is Her BFF

BFF + mom = Best. Person. Ever.

4162
Daniella Masrour

If you're reading this, you probably have the same relationship with your mom as I do. Don't get me wrong, it is fantabulous having a BFF that is also your mom. But, it's often difficult to remember when she's your mom and when she's your BFF. Here are little things every girl who is as close to their mom as I am can most definitely relate to.

1. You sometimes forget that she's your mom, and you talk to her as if she were, in fact, just your best friend

If you're as close to your mom as I am, you often talk to her about things you probably shouldn't, in ways you probably shouldn't. And because of that, you've probably gotten the "I'm not your friend, I'm your mom" talk more than a couple of times. Ooooops.

2. You'd rather hang out with your mom than your friends

You probably find yourself cancelling plans with friends, or just not making them in the first place, because you know you would rather hang out with your ~real~ BFF. Catching a movie and getting dinner with your mom = ultimate Saturday night.

3. You literally do everything together

Whether it's hitting the gym, eating meals, shopping, or watching a shower, your mom is always there with you.

4. The rest of your family might feel left out from you and your mom's *special* bond

Let's face it, with a BFF comes countless memories together, too many inside jokes to name, and soooo many laughs. It happens, every-so-often, that the other members of the fam just weren't there when the funny thing happened, or simply do not understand the joke. What can we do though....

5. You know EXACTLY what each other is thinking - at all times

There's never a moment when I don't know what my mom is thinking, because odds are, I'm thinking it too. Our brains just work in the same way and we just get each other, you know?

6. You gossip. A lot.

I know, I know, spilling tea isn't really something to be proud of. But what can I say, if you put my mom and I in a room together, we're bound to talk. About other people. Not to mention, we have the same likes and dislikes when it comes to people - so we're always on the same page.

7. You can tell what the other is thinking with just one look

Like all BFFs, my mom and I can tell what the other is thinking with nothing but a glance. If something happens that's mildly out-of-the-ordinary when you're together, you both are the firsts to notice. You look at each other right away, and immediately just know what's up.

8. You always finish each other's sentences

When you do everything together, you really experience life by each other's side. So, you live through the same stories that you tell others. This makes it so easy to butt-in when the other is talking, or, in other words, finish each other's sentences.

9. You share clothes, even if you're not the same size

My mom and I don't typically buy the same size clothes, but we never fail to manage finding a way to share. Whether it's a T-shirt that fits a little oversized, a denim jacket, or a hand-me-down, I've got a lot of my mom's clothes hidden in my closet.

10. You're basically inseparable

My mom and I come as a unit. If she's invited over somewhere for dinner and I'm not, or vice versa, we both get major separation anxiety. Lucky for us, though, living together makes it pretty easy to hang out allll day long.

Love you mommy!!!