The last 6-7 weeks of the semester as always the hardest to get through. Especially, if you're a senior who will never be back in a classroom after this. Here are some lyrics by Kelly Clarkson that will remind you that you're almost there:
1. "What doesn't kill you makes you STRONGER."
All these last few assignments and tests may feel completely pointless but remember, these things are only getting you one step closer to your diploma.
2. "Wanna feel the warm breeze. Sleep under a palm tree. Feel the rush of the oceanGet onboard a fast train. Travel on an jet plane, far away."
Pretty much everyday during class I just think about all the places I'd rather be. Like on a beach!
3. "No one can hold me back, I ain’t got time for that."
No matter what curve balls your professor throws at you, you don't care and just keep going.
4. "But you pay, you pay for it. You can't win, no."
Even though we pay for it and pay to be here, professors still try to act like we are in high school.
5. "For all I know is nothing's changed. Nothing ever will if I don't leave this place."
We are so burnt out at this point and know that our happiness will only return once these last few weeks are done.
6. "Oh, this is killing me. I need you to see, that somethings gotta change."
When your professor has 3 papers, 2 exams, a group project and whatever else due by the end of the semester...
7. "Let's wake up in the afternoon pretend that we got nothing to do."
How you feel every morning when trying to get out of bed for class.
8. "Oh, I'm getting tired of believing. Even sicker of pretending. That it's not so bad, just wait it out."
All these years you have told your self that this isn't that bad or that it's almost over. But now that it is almost over your done telling yourself it's not that bad.
9. "Putting up with all the bullshit, it made me strong enough to do this."
Dealing with everything that has caused you to have setbacks or struggle, have only made you prepared to push through this last stretch.
10. "But Since you been gone I can breathe for the first time."
That final day of classes will be the best feeling. No more stress, it's all over.
It's the home stretch, you're almost there. You got this!