Relatable High School Struggles

Relatable High School Struggles

Here are some struggles that most people in high school can relate to.

259
Relatable High School  Struggles
Wikipedia

I know my school from the inside out. Where the staircases no one uses are (the back ones, because everyone has classes in the front.) Anyone can teach you tips and tricks on how to avoid the couple always making out on the second floor near the auditorium. But who talks about the struggles? Who talks about the disgusting red goo spread on the wall in the basement? Hopefully, we can all relate to the handful of struggles mentioned. There are much more, though.

1. When teachers give us two hours of homework, each.

We all have heard teachers say, at least once, "it's not that much homework" or "it could be worse." But when you have an outline, to read four chapters, a packet due tomorrow, and not to mention that art project you've been putting off for a week. Things pile up, and sometimes we feel like we are drowning. We all get so stressed about work, we sometimes skip out on things that are important to stay healthy. We sometimes push off eating, sleeping, exercising, or just time to ourselves.

2. When a higher power tells you that a lot of extracurricular will help in the long run.

Whether it is a teacher, guidance counselor, or a parent. We always hear about how great all of our extracurricular's will look on our college applications. But balancing sports, theater, community service, scouts, work, clubs, and artwork can get overwhelming. Too many of us pile on so much to make ourselves stand out on an application. There is a fine line between too little and too much. Don't overwork but don't under-work yourself. It's very hard to find a balance.

3. When a peer doesn't do their share of work on a group project.

We all go through this at one point or another. The project is due tomorrow and it's not finished. Then you finish it yourself. But the teacher gives you the same grade as said person. Do you take the grade or tell the teacher that you did all the work, and should get a higher grade than said peer? You don't want to tell, but you deserve a better grade... Right?

4. When there is food all over the wall and you realize that people are childish.

We are in High School people, I shouldn't have to walk down the hallway and say "I wonder why there is sauce on the wall." (At least I hope it's sauce.) Really? Did you just get mad and throw the food? I mean, it's not the best food, but do we have to smear it on the walls when the garbage can is five feet away. The custodial staff are not your maids. Stop acting like children. You are in High school, act like it!

5. When you fail a test you actually studied for.

Any other tests I can pass with flying colors (even though I probably don't know the material.) But studying? Forget about it. I can never properly study, and many of my friends can't either. The pain you feel when you get that test back makes you hurt inside.