R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D: Rejected

Right so earlier I wrote a thing for graduate school applications and some tips for them. This is also in the same vein as graduate school applications. However, instead of some good stuff, this is going to deal with the negative aspect of applications. If you read the title then you can pretty much guess where I will be going with this.

So I applied to five universities total. I have heard back from four, and am still waiting on the decision from the fifth. Up to this point I have received one "Acceptance" and three "Rejections". That's harsh. It sucks to be told that you just weren't good enough for an institution. Nobody likes to be told "Sorry, you're not good enough." I for one do not like to hear that I know. But it is good to hear. It's preparation for later in life like job applications. If anything this is preparation for future rejections that I may receive. That's not to say that I am gearing up for constant rejection, no. Keep in mind I have received an acceptance letter from one institution. It was also from my first choice school, and I got the acceptance before these other rejections. I'd say then that it's not the end of the world.

Rejection though is still a thing that is new for me. Not to say that I am perfect because I am far from it, believe me, but it is new. When I was applying to college in high school I only did two applications. The look on my mom's face said it all too. I should have applied to more, but I didn't. I won't discuss the details as to why. I will just say that I was confident in the fact that on paper I was near perfect. Varsity athlete, valedictorian, and well-rounded. I got into my first choice too.

The graduate application is much more competitive though. I know too I was lucky to hear back from my first choice and get an acceptance before the rejections came in.The rejections still hurt regardless, but I will get over it. I have the one that matters. But what am I trying to say with all this? I'll tell you. Rejection doesn't mean you aren't good enough. It means you simply weren't meant to be there wherever it is you applied. It means that there is something else waiting for you. I like to think of it as the universe giving you a sign that you would be happier somewhere else. I know that's not something everyone likes to hear, especially in terms of employment. The universe works in mysterious ways though. It will point you in the direction you need to go. Don't be disheartened because you never know what you will find elsewhere. Just stay positive in spite of the negativity and eventually that acceptance will come to you.