Reflecting On My 2016

Reflecting On My 2016

What 2016 has taught me

16
Reflecting On My 2016
We Know your dreams

As 2016 ends and a new year begins, I sit here and reflect how far I have come in the last year. Like most people 2016, was a horrible year. Dealing with the issues from 2015, I was set up for a hard year but here I am in 2017 strong than ever.

Let me start off with 2015, It started off as a great year, I had an amazing boyfriend, awesome friends, and family. I never thought that year would be the start of the worst time of my life. That year, My grandfather passed away, my mom being self-absorbed in her life and I lost my boyfriend to a person I thought was my friend. This was very hard to deal with but I put on a fake smile and got through the rest of the year.

Not dealing with these issues, made it a very difficult past year. This past year included a lot of soul searching and trying to find myself. It was very difficult it was a constant battle of feeling bad about myself, hating life and feeling worthless. I thought I would never find love again or even be worth anyone's time. Through all this, I had the best support system, my friends. I don't think I would have been able to get through it without them. They taught me, no matter what I have amazing friends and no one can take that away from me.

Now 2017, I am ready for what you have to throw at me, stronger than ever. I can finally say I am happy with my life. I found who I was again and was able to finally move on from my past problems. I found love again, when I thought that wasn't possible. I know this year, no matter what happens, I will go through this year with positive thoughts.

I would love to thank those people individually who have been there for me these past couple of years.

Melissa,

What can I say you are one of my best friends and my biggest supporter. You have been there for me more times than I count. Without you, I have no idea how I would have gotten through these couple of years. You always let me vent or just tell you what was on mind with no judgment. No matter what you were going through, you always seemed to always be there. I can thank you enough and these words don't give you justice. Here is to 2017, and the many memories we will make.

Sean,

I know you're probably shocked I am writing to you but I want to thank you. I want to thank you for showing me what real love can be. I want to thank you for pushing me to be a better me. Without what happened the past year, I don't think I would have ever found who I was. I am glad you are happy and I hope this year will be good to you.

Ashly, My best friend, my person,

Life would be so difficult without you in it. You are the one who isn't afraid to tell me how stupid I am being. You give me the tough love sometimes I need. I a so glad to have you and Amy in my life. Without you guys I have no idea how I would have survived. Thank you for always being there for me and cheering me up. To 2017 and all the memories we will create.

Antoinette,

I know shocking, I am writing to you too. I was angry at you for a long time but I can say now I am not. I will never forget what happened between us but I am stronger because of it. I don't know if we will ever be friends again but you never know. I can't harbor negative feelings towards the situation anymore. I wish you and Sean happiness. I hope you have an amazing new year.

To my friends,

I want to thank you for all the times you checked up on me and invited me out to cheer me up. You guys are amazing and for that, I am grateful to have you guys in my life. I know that some of you I don't talk to you a lot and some of you I pretty much I ignored for awhile but you guys are always on my mind and heart. I know that without you guys supporting me or encouraging me, I wouldn't be where I was today. You're tough love or your sweet, caring words, pretty much put my ass in gear. Here is to 2017 and all the accomplishments we may have.

To my Family,

I know that I wouldn't be where I am without you guys. We have been through hell these last couple of years but we are much stronger. I couldn't imagine being apart of any other crazy ass family but this one. I thank you for your encouragement, your love, and your support through my life. Here is to many more laughs, tears, and love this year.

Joseph,

I want to say thank you, for showing me love exists. We have had a rocky past but I know it makes us way stronger. You love me even when I am crazy and you don't make me feel like my feelings are invalid. I don't have to try with you. I am truly happy for the first time in awhile and it's because of you. I couldn't imagine starting 2017, with anyone else. You are truly amazing. I love you so much and I hope for more amazing years together. You make me laugh and smile every day even if it's just a simple text or you walking me to work. I will cherish our memories forever. No matter if I am dressed up or in sweats, you still think I am beautiful. Having you in my life makes me so blessed. Happy New Year babe.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!