Red River Rivalry Upset

Red River Rivalry Upset

​Texas for the W against OU

6
Red River Rivalry Upset
USA Today

An unexpected, yet pleasant turn of events happened on October 10.

The Texas Longhorns won this year’s Red River Showdown, beating the No. 9 Oklahoma Sooners 24 –17 on Saturday in Dallas, Texas filling the hearts of Longhorn fans everywhere.

As soon as the coin was tossed and the commence of opening kick off, it seemed that the Longhorns went in ready to have a good game.

The Horns went into the half with a 14 - 3 lead, scoring twice in the first quarter.

It seems as if Jerrod Heard has secured his position as starting quarterback for the Longhorns as he went 8 for 10, throwing for 53 yards and one touchdown. However, this is not to dismiss backup quarterback Tyrone Swoopes, as he had one touchdown and threw to complete good yardage on the plays. As for the defense, it has been one of their best performances all year long.

Although, not much can be said about the Sooners for they had their lowest scoring game so far this season. (Although, let’s face it, this brings music to Longhorn ears.)

As for Head Coach Charlie Strong, this game goes down in the books as his biggest win with the Longhorns. We even got to witness Strong happily crowd surf amongst his players.

It’s been a rocky season, but with such a strong win as this past one, we can anticipate that Texas has the confidence they need to carry out the rest of the season.

If anything, this game brought happiness and hope to Texas fans everywhere. (Especially my die hard Longhorn fan dad who has watched the game at least three times now.)

As for myself, I’ll be chanting the infamous “Give ‘em hell, give ‘em hell. OU sucks!” all the live long day.