Recruitment Survival Kit

Recruitment Survival Kit

48
Recruitment Survival Kit

Greek life is huge, here at the University of Arizona. The week prior to the start of classes is one of the most strenuous weeks in a sorority girl's life. We manage to get to know 1500 girls in just a couple of days. Recruitment is one of the few events in life where you meet so many people in such a short period of time.

Some girls stay and some girls go, leaving us both happy and confused. It is a long week, but with these five essentials, sorority girls are sure to rock this event that seems to sneak up on us every year.

1. Breath mints. Breath mints are a must because the only way to hear your PNM with hundreds of women talking in one household is to remain within five centimeters of her face. With the biggest smile of your life on your face as well, someone is bound to smell that wave of carbon dioxide. Don't let your PNM think the girls in your house stuff stinky socks into their closets because that's what your breath smells like.

2. Caffeine. Coffee, tea, energy drinks... Anything. Yes, there are 14 hour days of clapping, bouncing, chanting and acting like your PNM is the greatest thing to walk this Earth. The days are long and the nights consist of little sleep--go ahead and be basic, go get your Starbucks and be happy.

3. Vitamin C. Vitamin C is important because you will be in contact with so many germs throughout the week with all the women coming in and out of your house. Girls will get sick, but you do not want it to happen to you! It can get very awkward blowing your nose behind every corner if and when a PNM happens to see you. Not that I know or anything... You also don't want to look like Rudolph because your nose is red from using so many tissues. Again not that I know...

4. Lip gloss. Every sorority girl wants to look pretty and impress the PNM's. There is not enough time during each set to paint your face with makeup, so lip gloss is a quick and easy way to go from Kristin Stewart to Scarlett Johansson.

5. Tissues. Unfortunately, there will probably be a lot of tears. It is a very emotional week for most girls. For instance, someone's best friend might not have high enough grades to join their house. One girl may have loved a PNM whom stole her heart and joined another house. Or someone may have even lost their favorite pair of shoes. Whatever the situation, be there for your sister and wipe away her tears with the nice tissues because your finger will probably break through the cheap toilet paper from the house anyway.

Recruitment is a long, very long, very very long week, but it is all worth it when your new sisters are running into your arms on bid day with gigantic smiles on their faces. Unfortunately, we aren't men going through fraternity recruitment where all we need to know is: beer. But these five essentials will give you that crutch you need to get you to bid day with the best pledge class you could have ever imagined!

If you know a sorority girl, give her a hug!