Recipes For A Spring Break Body

Recipes For A Spring Break Body

Spring break is around the corner and it's time to shed that winter body.

23
Recipes For A Spring Break Body
o0bg.com

Spring break is around the corner and people are starting to shed their winter bodies. Girls will start to go on fad diets to get into their bikini ready bodies. Here are a few recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and desserts to help shed some weight and still eat something delicious during the process.

1. Sheet pan chicken fajitas

* This recipe can make 8 fajitas

Ingredients:

• 2 tsp chili powder (preferrably 1 tsp ancho chili powder 1 tsp regular)
  • 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp ground paprika
  • 1/2 tsp ground coriander
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Fajita filling

• 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips (slice extra wide strips in half)
  • 1 of each red, green and yellow bell peppers, cored and sliced into strips (3 whole total)
  • 1 medium yellow onion, halved and sliced from top to root
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
  • For serving

• 8 taco size flour tortillas
  • Sour cream, avocado slices or guacamole, diced tomatoes, Mexican cheese blend (toppings are optional)

Directions

• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 17 by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
  • For the seasoning:
  • In a small mixing bowl whisk together chili powders, cumin, paprika, coriander, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, set aside.
  • For the fajitas filling:
  • Spread bell peppers and yellow onion onto baking sheet. Top with chicken strips then sprinkle garlic and seasoning evenly over chicken strips. Drizzle olive oil over top then toss everything to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer working to keep chicken from overlapping. Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 18 - 25 minutes (test a few of the larger pieces to make sure they are 165 in the center, careful not to over-bake it or the chicken may be dry). Wrap tortillas tightly in foil and warm in oven during last 5 minutes of fajita filling cooking.
  • Drizzle lime juice evenly over top of the chicken fajita filling, sprinkle with cilantro and more salt to taste and toss to coat. Serve filling warm in warm tortillas with desired toppings.
  • 2. Healthy Baked Chicken Parmesan
  • serves six people
  • ½ cup unseasoned wholegrain breadcrumbs
  • 2 tablespoons grated parmesan (or romano) cheese
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon ground pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 2lbs chicken cutlets
  • ¾ cup sauce
  • ¾ cup mozzarella cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

1. In a medium bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
  2. Coat a sheet pan with the olive oil.
  3. Dredge each chicken cutlet in the breadcrumb mixture and place on the sheet pan. Discard the rest of the breadcrumb mixture.
  4. Bake the chicken for 15 minutes. Turn over and bake for another 15 minutes.
  5. Remove the pan from the oven and spread 2 tablespoons of sauce and 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese on each chicken cutlet.
  6. Place back in the oven and cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until sauce is hot and cheese is melted.

3. Healthy Baked Turkey Enchiladas

Ingredients

• 1½ pounds of Jennie-O lean ground turkey
  • ½ a small onion
  • 1 small zucchini
  • 1 cup of tomato sauce
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 2 cans of enchilada sauce (hot or mild)
  • 10 6 in flour tortillas
  • 8 oz of low fat Mexican cheese blend
  • Cooking spray

Directions

Preheat oven to 375.

1. Brown ground turkey n a pan until it’s no longer pink. Drain any extra fat. Add in
  2. zucchini, onion, garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add in 1 cup of tomato sauce and 1 cup of
  3. enchilada sauce.
  4. Place about ½ cup of turkey mix onto a flour tortilla and roll up like a burrito and lay seem
  5. side down in a 9 X 13 baking dish. When all flour tortillas are done spray with cooking spray.
  6. Cook enchiladas for 20 minutes. Take out of the oven, and pour on enchilada sauce and top with cheese.

4. Banana Pancakes

Ingredients

• 2 Eggs
  • 1 Banana
  • 1/2c Oats
  • 1/4c Apple Sauce
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Directions

1. Blend oats in magic bullet until ground
2. Add other ingredients to the oats
3.Mix until blended
4. Cook on buttered pan and enjoy the food!

5. Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virign Olive Oil
  • 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 2 cups sliced carrots
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (2 large breasts)
  • 9 cups chicken broth
  • 8.8 ounce package DeLallo Three Cheese Tortellini
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons packed frozen spinach (1/2 cup fresh baby spinach leaves)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves (1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves)
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • Salt and pepper

Directions:

1. Place a large sauce pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil and chopped onions. Saute for 3 minutes to soften. Then add the chopped bell pepper, carrots, and garlic. Saute another 3 minutes.

2. Add whole chicken breasts, chicken broth, dried thyme, crushed red pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to the pot. Bring to a simmer. Lower the heat a little and simmer 15 minutes, until the chicken in cooked through. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board.

3.Turn the heat back to medium. With the broth still simmering, stir in the DeLallo Three Cheese Tortellini. Stir well so it doesn't stick together. Then chop or shred the chicken and place back in the soup.

4.Once the tortellini is cooked through, about 10-14 minutes, turn off the heat. Stir in 1/4 cup heavy cream, spinach, and parsley. Add a little more cream if desired. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed.

6. Oreo Fluff

Ingredients:

• 1 small box white chocolate instant pudding mix
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 small tub cool whip
  • 24 oreos, crushed

Directions:

1. In a large bowl whisk together the pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Add cool whip, and oreos. Stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Servings:

1/4 C serving size, serves 15 people.

7. Breakfast Egg Muffin

Ingredients:

12 large eggs

3/4 Cup of quartered cherry tomatos

1/4 Cup of nonfat milk

1/2 Cup of diced onions

1 Cup of chopped fresh spinach

sliced avocado, for serving

salsa, for serving

crumbled cotija or feta cheese for serving

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, nonfat milk and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in the spinach, tomatoes and onions.

3. Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin pan cups and bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked. Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes in the pan then use a knife to loosen the muffins from the cups.

4.Top each muffin with sliced avocado, a dollop of salsa and a sprinkling of cheese then serve.

8. Skinny Bell Pepper Nachos

Ingredients:

• 1 pound lean ground turkey
  • 1 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
  • 3/4 cup salsa, no sugar added
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
  • 3 bell peppers

Directions:

1. Remove seeds, core, and membrane from bell peppers then slice each one into 6 verticle pieces where they dip down. Set sliced bell peppers aside.

2.Cook ground turkey over medium-high heat, breaking up as it cooks. Cook until the turkey loses it's pink color and is cooked through. Drain off any fat.

3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

4. Combine cooked turkey with spices and salsa. Evenly distribute mixture into the bell pepper boats, top with cheese. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are hot.

NOTE: If you prefer much softer bell peppers, add a few tablespoons water to the bottom of a large casserole dish, add filled nachos, cover tightly with foil and bake 15 minutes.

5. Remove from the oven and add additional toppings, If desired.

Optional ingredients: sliced Jalepeno peppers, diced avocado, fat-free Greek yogurt or sour cream, or sliced green onions.

This recipe makes 18 servings.

9. One pan sausage and veggies

Ingredients:

• 2cups (~1 small)red potato
  • 3/4thspoundgreen beans
  • 1large head of broccoli(~ 1 and 1/2 cups)
  • 1 and 1/2cupschopped bell peppers2 large or 6-7 mini sweet bell peppers
  • 9ouncessausageI use turkey or chicken, not ground sausage
  • 6tablespoonsolive oil
  • 1/4teaspoonred pepper flakesoptional
  • 1teaspoonpaprika
  • 1/2teaspoongarlic powder
  • 1tablespoondried oregano
  • 1tablespoondried parsley
  • 1/4teaspoonsalt
  • 1/4teaspoonpepper
  • Serve with: fresh parsley, quinoa/rice, lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

1. Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
  2. Prep the veggies: chop the red potatoes (pretty small pieces here so they will be tender in time), trim the green beans and halve (see video above recipe), chop the broccoli, chop the peppers into thick squares, and coin the sausage in thick slices.
  3. Place all the veggies and sausage on a sheet pan. Pour the olive oil and all the spices on top. Toss to evenly coat all the veggies and meat.
  4. Bake 15 minutes, remove from the oven and flip/stir all the veggies around. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender and sausage is browned.
  5. If desired, sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the veggies and sausage as soon as they come out of the oven.Enjoy with rice or quinoa and fresh parsley if desired.