7 Reasons You Should Workout In A Group

7 Reasons To Ditch The Solo Gym Sesh And Workout With A Group Instead

If anything, you'll be extra motivated to get out of bed and get your butt to the gym!

61

Let's get this straight. Any exercise is good exercise. However, working out with a group may give you additional advantages at the gym. If you're looking to mix up your workout routine or add a new twist, try hitting the gym with a friend or two!

1. The simple answer: It's way more fun 

Working out with a friend or two can make a tough workout 10x more fun. Whether you do Zumba or just run on the treadmill next to each other, working out with a friend keeps the positive energy flowing.

2. It's motivating 

If you're anything like me, you dread leaving your bed to hit the gym. If you workout in a group or with a partner you can always count on a friend to motivate you to get your physical activity in!

3. You work harder 

Whether we like to admit it or not, we are all competitive. Working out in a group setting will keep you focused on the exercise and motivate you to push yourself. Competition is healthy whether it be competing to beat personal reps or to keep up with the pace of the group, you definitely work harder as a result of working out in a group setting.

4. Change up your routine and learn new workouts

Working out with a group is a great way to learn new exercises, modifications, or techniques. Change up your routine by learning from others!

5. Push yourself

It has been scientifically proven through experimental observations that people who work out in groups push themselves harder than people who work out on their own. Get the most out of your workout and bring a friend next time you hit the gym!

6. Strengthen your friendship

Working out with another person or a group builds a sense of camaraderie among the participants. This is a key reason that sports teams often run together or difficult training programs often involve working in groups. Workout with others and bond over the workout!

7. Make new friends!

Working out is also a great opportunity to make new friends. Next time, put yourself out there and introduce yourself to the person next to you at yoga!

Regardless of how you workout, physical exercise is important. If you don't feel comfortable working out with a group don't worry. Exercise is something that is personal to everyone, work out at your own pace. If you're looking to step out of your comfort zone or enhance the physical benefits that come with working out you should definitely consider group exercise!