Drink Coffee With Your Boss

5 Reasons You Should Do Coffee With Your Boss

It's a great way to meet one on one with them.

45

A new email arrived it my inbox. It was an unread message. I opened it up and then the opportunity came. I was given the option to sign up for a day and time to do coffee with my boss. Without any thoughts, I decided to sign up. Here are five reasons why you should do coffee with your boss.

1. Builds better relationships 

Sitting down for a cup of caffeine, can easily help the two of you get to know one another better.

2. Both will learn something 

Whether its decaf or non decaf, hot or iced coffee, sweetened or unsweetened ice tea, a favorite food, and more, a chat with a brewed drink is bound to teach an employee and their manager something.

3. Helps with interaction

In a generation where almost everyone is glued to technology, meeting one on one with that person who oversees you, can help improve communication skills. Afterall, you might say or do something that can also help them in return.

4. Networking

Maybe you have an idea or want to do something to change the world. Your boss might be able to help you.

5. You might learn how much you love coffee

Mornings can be rough. Everyone needs something to wake them up. A coffee chat with your manager, might just teach you how much you love the caffeinated beverage.