Reasons Why Traveling is so Rewarding

Reasons Why Traveling is so Rewarding

986
Reasons Why Traveling is so Rewarding
Grace Sterling

At some point in your life, you feel the need to get away from the mundanity and stress. You feel the need to go on an adventure, to experience something new. Some people experience this more often than others. I am one of them. I have what is called wanderlust. The dictionary defines this as, "a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about." I think that most people in their life experience wanderlust at some point. Whether you experience the desire daily, monthly, or yearly, it is important to give in to your wanderlust as much as you can. There are many rewards to travel, and these often benefit your psyche in ways you may not even realize. So pack those bags, buy those tickets, fill up your gas tank, and go because going has a multitude of rewards.

1. Relieves Stress and Improves Your Mental Health

Believe it or not, your brain also loves adventure. When you travel somewhere new, whether it be thirty minutes down the road or across continents, your brain pathways start working in different ways. Your brain craves something out of the ordinary, something new in your routine. When you view different landscapes, see and meet different people, and even try new foods, pathways in your brain that may have not normally been fired are now working in overdrive, and this relieves stress and also improves mental health, especially for people with depression and anxiety, like myself.

2. Promotes Creativity

Many artists and writers take to traveling in order to improve their creativity, and this often leads to some of their best work. Whether you are a professional writer or an office worker, creativity helps you in so many ways. It allows you to think in different ways that you wouldn't normally. Creativity that comes with traveling can help you succeed in your career and everyday life.

3. Introduces you to Different People (and Cultures)

When you meet new people through travel, you are introduced to a whole new mindset, a whole different way of thinking. Social connections not only improve your mental health but also give you new perspectives on the world you live in. You may become more grateful for what you have or realize that everyone is equal in their struggles and happiness.

4. It's Fun!

Traveling is fun and that's what makes it so rewarding. You often laugh so much when you travel. You get to eat new and exciting foods, visit beautiful places and meet new friends. Traveling is one of the most fun things you can do (as long as it's done right, haha). And "right" is very subjective, so travel with whom and to where will make you happy.