Why That Guy You Can't Get Over Isn't The Guy For You

Don't let that "one guy" hold you back from new and better things.

1750
Blogspot

We've all been there. Stuck on that one guy that you think you will forever have feelings for. I'm here to tell you that you're wrong. It can be tough getting over someone, but you're never going to move onto something better stuck on something that's behind you. Don't let that "one guy" hold you back from new and better things. New year, new you, on to better things and better guys... right?

You like the chase. There's obviously a reason that's keeping you all a part. Chances are if you're the one that's hung up on him then he's the reason. You creep on his twitter, anxiously wait for his Instagram like, and get butterflies when you see his name pop up on your phone, but in the back of your mind, you know that it's not going to work out. Have you ever thought that maybe that's why you like him? Take a moment to really think... if he texted you right now and wanted something maybe you'd be a little excited at first but you know how it would turn out in the end. This is a flaw that all girls have. We like the chase. We like the idea of wanting someone we can't have, wanting someone who's "hard to get." The moment you realize you like the chase more than you like the guy is the moment you know you've moved on.

You know what you deserve. It's been pounded into your head by your friends and family. You know, everyone knows, he's an asshole. He's not going to change. You're not going to change him. These are all things that you need to realize. Maybe you have a history with this particular guy you can't get over and you're stuck on all the good times you all had. It's good to appreciate those times, but accept him for what he is. Focus on how he did you wrong and why you're not together, respect yourself more than to give someone who did you wrong the satisfaction of you still pining over them.

Someone's better than no one... right? WRONG. If this is a guy who you have spent a good amount of time and effort on then right now there's not going to be anyone else who matters as much as him. This is where you're making a mistake. You're wasting your time focusing on someone when you could be putting that time into yourself or someone else. Life is short, stop pining over some asshole who is not nice to you.

Know your worth. Like I said earlier, you're the one that's holding yourself back not him. You're wasting your time letting someone treat you as anything but their first choice. It's so important to know and understand why you all did not work out in the first place, use the wrong's of that relationship to make the right's in another one down the road. It's not his fault you're hung up on him, it's yours so it's time to move on.