11 Reasons Why Music Is Awesome

11 Reasons Why Music Is Awesome

363

Many things can impact one's life, and this includes the music one may listen to. Everyone in today's society grows up influenced by some type of music in some way unless your society has banned it (like when the Taliban created a ban against all music), which personally I think is the worst punishment anyone could endure. I know personally, without music I'm not quite sure what I would do. Therefore I just want to emphasize that these are some reasons why music is so awesome.

1. Music, specifically classical music, has been proven to boost creativity.

Music helps get those good vibes and creative juices flowing.

2. A person's musical choices can predict their personality.

The music we listen to actually influences our personality! A study of couples spending time getting to know each other while looking at each other’s top ten favorite songs actually provided fairly reliable predictions as to the listener’s personality traits. The study used five personality traits for the test: openness to experience, extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness and emotional stability.

3. Music can cause some people to concentrate more.

Music can help us focus while studying or while doing other important tasks.

4. Music helps people exercise.

Who doesn't love listening to a great song while running? Music helps motivate us to exercise harder and faster.

5. Music matches our emotions.

We tend to gravitate towards music that matches the emotion that we are feeling at the time. We can always find that perfect song.

6. Being musically trained can improve our motor skills or reasoning.

Huh, so that's why our parents always wanted us to play instruments!!

7. Music can help people remember things.

Studies have shown Alzheimer's disease patients have the ability to remember lyrics from their old favorite songs. This is crazy and demonstrates how powerful music really is.

8. Music can help people connect.

Music can help reduce global barriers between us. All different cultures around the world have some sort of music that connects them, just as we do.

9. Classical music can help enhance visual attention.

In one study involving stroke patients, music improved visual attention.

10. It helps us cope with certain situations.

Sometimes listening to a song just makes us feel better about a situation because it describes it perfectly. We just need to gather our thoughts, and music helps us to be able to do this.

11. Helps some people sleep.

Need to catch some Z's? Turn on some classical music on low... you'll be peacefully out in no time.