The 5 Things I Miss The Most About Lacrosse

55

“To play, or not to play?” That was the question I asked myself during commitment time, in the end of the lacrosse recruitment process. With ten years of playing time, a drawer full of pinnies, and a lifetime of experiences under my belt; I chose to bid farewell to the sport I loved the most. This decision that I made was harder than any break-up that I have ever experienced. Like anyone would with an old flame, I find myself thinking back on my lacrosse days often. With that being said, here are 5 things that I miss the most:

1) My Old Teammates

I may not remember every game, practice, or training session of my lacrosse career. However, I'll never be able to forget the girls that I played with. These individuals are hands down the best people that have ever walked into my life. I will always treasure the fact that I was able to grow with them as a player and as a person. I truly owe the best years of my life to them.

2) Summer Tournaments

Although fall ball is chill (to the point where your hands are frozen to the stick), nothing beats a lacrosse tourney in the summer. Flying down the field with the sun against your skin is a feeling that you just can’t forget...especially if you have a sock tan line to prove it).

3) The Good Coaches

Although there may have been some tough ones, a majority of the coaches I had are still my main role models. These incredible people encouraged me to never give up on myself. They always had the best intentions for me and my teammates. For that reason, the lessons they taught me will always be ingrained in my memory.

4) The Car Rides To Games

The only time I have ever minded a car ride to lacrosse was when I had to wake up at 3 AM for a tournament. Other than that, car rides were always something I looked forward to. It was during these rides that I was able to have the best conversations, nap times, and jam seshes of my life.

5) The Vendor Section

This one may seem shallow but....Heaven really is a place called “the vendor section" at lacrosse tournaments. Equipped with all of the adrenaline socks, top-school crew necks, and crazy spandex I could need- this place stole my heart…as well as all of my money. Sorry mom and dad, but the buy were so worth

it.