I'm not one to be open. I like living my private life. But sometimes, there are people in your life that just make you want to tell everyone about them. I'm talking about people like my boyfriend. And for anyone else that has a dedicated and committed boyfriend, maybe you can relate to all the reasons we love them.

1. He's my best friend.

He's there for me in the everyday and every moment. I can talk with him when I'm excited or when I'm sad, and everything in between. My favorite memories are with him. Just like any friendship, we share lots of laughter and tears, encouragements and disappointments, and simply get to do life together.

2. He does long distance for me.

Although he's my best friend and we love doing life together, it's not always what one would think of as ideal. I know that I never expected to be in a long-distance relationship. Originally I thought they were a waste of time and energy. But he's shown me it's worth it. Sure, it's difficult at times. Yet it gives us a deeper commitment to each other and allows us to talk about big things. Our relationship is built on communication because of long distance, and for that, I will forever be grateful.that I will forever be grateful.

3. He knows me (probably better than I know myself).

When I'm having a bad day, and feel like I've lost myself, he reminds me who I am. When I can't seem to figure out what my passions are, he tells me what lights a spark in me. He encourages me. He always knows when something is wrong, and he always makes time for me so he can help me through it.

4. He loves me through all my mistakes.

I'm definitely not perfect. But he's forgiving and loving. He forgets of the all wrong things I've done, and remembers the right ones.

5. He makes my heart happy.

Seriously, I don't know what that boy does to me. He can make me laugh through tears. He always knows how to cheer me up, whether it's with a sweet compliment, a dumb joke or a hug.

6. He stays up until 3 a.m. with me when I need it.

When I'm struggling, he's there for me. It doesn't matter if he has class or work the next day, he will set aside everything. He will lose sleep for me (which I know is something important in all of our lives).

7. He listens to my many terrible jokes and stories.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm the queen of bad jokes and terrible stories. I can take a full five minutes to tell a story that literally has no meaning whatsoever. Or I can tell a really lame joke, and I still expect him to laugh.

8. And he still thinks I'm funny. Or at least he tells me so.

He actually does laugh. It may be easy to tease me, but he likes my sense of humor. No matter how sarcastic I become, he still thinks I'm funny. And I need that type of encouragement in my life.

9. He spends hours on end with me (even if it's on the phone).

Doing long distance means a lot of phone time. He will talk to me for hours, and it's become an essential part of our relationship. We can talk about anything, whether it be the course of our days, life, friends, school, church, or anything else.

10. He was willing to take a chance with me.

If you met me when he met me, you'd be surprised we're dating. I was totally against young relationships and long distance relationships. I'm independent and had my whole life planned out. I didn't really think I needed a man in my life. I laid out my expectations right away, and I somewhat expected to scare him away. Somehow, I didn't scare him away and we took a chance.

11. He's fully dedicated to me.

We didn't go into our relationship without asking for an intentional commitment. He's dedicated, and sadly, that's something that isn't too common anymore. I'm blessed to have someone that won't leave my side when it gets tough or just because we get in an argument. He's in it for the long haul.

12. He sees something in me.

He sees something in me that I don't. He compliments me, reminds me of my worth, and always pushes me to turn to God. He has encouraged me to strengthen my faith, and always reminds me that God is my first love. Even when my faith isn't the strongest, he is still my biggest encourager.

13. I've never been so excited about something in my life.

I've always been excited about my future, but only in terms of a job and success. I never expected to be in this position or in a relationship at this time in my life, but I'm so glad I am. He gives me something to look forward to every day. I'm so excited to see where God takes us in the future, because I know it will be great.