8 Reasons Why My Best Friends Forever Are, In Fact, Forever

No matter what happens, they are my people.
76

My friends mean the world to me. They are there for me through the ups and downs of life. They make me smile and they make me cry (happy tears). Here are 8 reasons why I know they will be around forever

1. They are there for me whenever I need them.

I can call on them at 8 AM or at 2 AM and my best friends would be there for me.

2. I don’t remember life without them.

Whether I have known them for six months or six years, I don’t remember life without them. I feel like they have always been around.

3. We have the same values.

We value the same things in life. At the core, this is what keeps us close.

4. We get through everything together.

My high school best friends and I went through college applications together. My college best friends and I have gone through freshman year and all the struggles together. We stick by each other's sides.

5. We know too much about each other.

Not saying that just because I know everything about my best friends and can read their minds means we are going to be friends forever. It is the fact that we understand each other and know where our thoughts and feelings come from.

6. We know how to listen to each other.

It sounds like a simple task, but very few people are as attentive as my best friends. They wait for me to finish my, sometimes long, rants. They know, also, that I love listening to them as well.

7. We never sugarcoat with each other.

I’m never afraid to be honest with them, and they are never afraid to be honest with me, even if the truth will sometimes hurt. If I think a guy is just not that into them, I don’t create excuses. I know they would do the same for me. They don’t create “what ifs” to temporarily make me feel better. We’re way too close to sugarcoat anything.

8. Their family feels like my family.

We treat each other’s family like they are our own. Their parents are my extra set of parents and I have more siblings because of them.

So to my best friends, thanks for always being there in the past, being here now and being there for me in the future. I know you have my back and I will always have yours. Best friends forever.