7 Reasons You Should Visit Arizona State University
Travel

ASU is one of the largest universities in the country, and there is plenty to see and do when you visit this year.

262
Photo by Gabrielle Micketti

Arizona State University —or "Spring Break University" — is the next destination you need to add to your travel list this year. Besides being a leader in innovation, here are seven other reasons you should visit ASU.

Multiple campuses

It's not like a regular university, it's one of the largest universities in the nation. ASU has a total of four campuses located in Tempe, Downtown Phoenix, Glendale, and Mesa. Each campus has a different setup which creates a unique experience when visiting each one. So why just visit one when you can road trip to visit them all?

Tons of options for caffeine addicts 

Starbucks? Yes. Dutch Bros? Yes. Cartel Coffee? Yes, and these are just the larger coffee companies located on almost every campus. There are also smaller coffee shops sprinkled throughout the ASU campuses that give you plenty of options to get your fix.

Food Options

The Tempe campus alone offers numerous options for food both directly on campus and in the surrounding community. You can enjoy fast-food options like Chick-fil-A, Qdoba, Einstein Bagels, and many others on and around campus, and sit-down restaurants like Postinos and Snooze on College Ave. Whatever you're in the mood for, ASU has options for you.

Stadiums close by

Tempe campus is within walking distance of ASU's football and basketball stadiums. Downtown Phoenix is a short light-rail trip away from ASU's baseball stadium, and also happens to be within walking distance away from Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks. In the springtime, many Spring Training baseball stadiums are within close vicinity to many of the ASU campuses. Lots of options, so little time!

Night-life

Ever heard of a little place called Mill Avenue? Literally right down the street from the Tempe campus. Downtown Scottsdale is another great spot for nightlife adventures and is merely a 15-minute drive from Tempe. Rumor has it there may or may not be a shuttle that will even take you between the two places. Don't believe me? Come check it out for yourself.

Shopping

Tempe Marketplace, Scottsdale Fashion Square, and Cityscape in Downtown are some of the few places with lots of different shopping options close to the different campuses. With so many options, it's very tempting to go and spend hours roaming the stores.

Palm trees galore

Most importantly, ASU is home to the infamous Palm Walk. It's the perfect spot to take a walk through campus, and even take some Insta worthy photos! Plus, how could you look at a bunch of palm trees and not just feel so happy? Factor in some warm weather and sunshine, and it's a perfect mini sight-seeing opportunity.