5 Reasons to Start a Blog

5 Reasons To Start A Blog In College

If you love writing and have a lot to share, here's why you should consider starting a blog while you're in college.

68
5 Reasons To Start A Blog In College

Blogs have become increasingly popular with the rise of social media. Anyone can start a blog, and many people make a living off of it. If you have an interesting and unique perspective on something, you should start a blog. Here's why.

Make Your Voice Heard

Everyone in college has strong opinions, but most people don't go beyond sharing them with their friends. By starting a blog, you're giving yourself a platform to speak about the things you care about. You can share your knowledge and unique perspective with people well beyond your college campus. Putting yourself out there and making your voice heard online will give you the confidence you need to speak your truth in person.

You Might Make Money

Most people are struggling financially in college, so why not try to make some extra money off of creating a blog? If you have valuable information and opinions to share, you could end up profiting off of your blog. Starting it in college gives you the chance to build authority and gain an audience so you can begin to generate more website traffic. Make sure you regularly create content that people want to read, and you could end up making good money off of your blog.

You'll Create Opportunites

If you have a blog about a specific topic and you write quality content on the subject, you'll be considered an expert in that area. As you build a following and an audience, you never know who might come across your blog. People could start reaching out to you with business proposals, speaking/writing opportunities, or making professional connections. Having these opportunities coming out of college could be huge in helping you land a job and start a career.

It's Completely Yours

When you're in college, you do a ton of work for your classes, you spend all your spare time with friends, and you hardly have any time for yourself. Starting a blog gives you the chance to have something entirely for yourself. You can call it your own, and do whatever you want with it. Even if your blog doesn't get a huge audience or make you money, you can look at it and know it's you've put the work in to create something for yourself.

It's Super Easy

Starting a blog online is incredibly easy. You only sign up through Wordpress (for free), pay a small fee for a domain name that will last you all year, and add a template (also free). Once you have a model, you can start adding content to your blog, and that's it. Wordpress blogs require little upkeep other than you adding blog content to your page. It's so easy that the only thing that could keep you from finally starting a blog is yourself.