4 Times It's Actually OK To Skip College Classes

4 Times Skipping Class Was More Than Justified

Things far more substantial than a cold.

2222
Nathaniel Beeler

We are well aware that skipping class is a phenomenon we are readily admonished for without good reason. For most, that means something along the lines of extreme illness or bereavement. However, a reasonable absence does not have to be so black and white. Certainly not say you should

For Your Mental Health

College is a taxing time and can be incredibly overwhelming to the mind, it is incredibly important to prioritize your mental health and well being. If this means taking a day to meditate, center yourself, and refocus then do so. Sleep deprivation counts here, too!

When You Need to Catch Up 

I can assure you there will come points in the semester (generally around midterms and finals) where your workload reaches an all-time high and you can hardly envision accomplishing it all. When you find yourself in a similar position it can be worth it to take the day to hunker down and power work.

For Adventure

It could be your favorite artist in concert or the trip of a lifetime. Don't let the potential for incredible memories all pass by, if missing a Friday lecture means taking an extraordinary road trip with friends come around, consider going. Make some memories.

For Those You Love

Time spent with loved ones is never time wasted and are memories you can never get back. If an opportunity to spend quality time with family or good friends presents itself, consider what will come with a higher payoff in the long run.

Beware, missing class can become a slippery slope, but more than worth it for the right reasons. Always consult the syllabus and skip responsibly!