12 Reasons To Be Excited For Spring This Year

It's been a long winter, we deserve this.

209
Allef Vinicius

It seems as though the weather (especially in the midwest) seems to be incredibly unpredictable around this time year. We are in a very weird transition between the back end of winter, and the early months of spring. Yet, before we know it, we will be in the months of April and May all within the blink of an eye.

Students, in particular, anticipate the arrival summer all year. This anticipation usually distracts people as they move into the spring months, and always causes people to ignore all the awesome things about spring. While we're waiting, perhaps we should take more time to appreciate all the good that comes with spring.

1. It is a new beginning

Spring is the renaissance month of the four. It is a chance to be reborn again and prepare for the rest of the year with a clear mind. Many people are doing the annual "spring cleaning" and getting a fresh start.

2. The sun is out longer

The winter solstice is the promise of longer days in contrast to the shorter days of winter. Longer days turn into long nights and allow for both outdoor and outdoor activities to be extended into the day. Plus, it doesn't always feel like it's as late as it should be.

3. The sun is hotter

While the weather is still sometimes cold throughout spring, you can still feel how hot the sun is in your head and your face. Even when the weather is still fluctuating, the sun is the one thing that feels good.

4. Everything is colorful

The presence of the sun means that everything starts to gain its color back. The dry, yellow grass of winter turns into a vibrant green. The disappearance of constant gloomy clouds turns into the beautiful blue sky. Everything from nature, to animals, and even people seem to have a brighter shade of happiness to it.

5. The weather is just right

While it may fluctuate, at least it's not winter. Most of the time it isn't cold enough to wear a winter jacket, but not hot enough to just go into a t-shirt. A sweatshirt and jeans are the best bet every day and it brings a stable amount of comfortability.

6. Everything is in bloom

Because the weather is just right, life starts to bloom everywhere. Flowers of all kinds litter fields and gardens. Flower buds cover the tree branches and eventually turn into vibrantly colored leaves. Life is happening everywhere.

7. Even the rain is beautiful

They say, "April showers bring May flowers". Something about the rain in spring is soothing though. It serves as a reminder that the gray blanket of winter is being washed away, and we are getting a cleansing for the upcoming season.

8. It's always a long winter

Winters in the midwest seem last forever. They are always very cold, unforgiving, and relentless. The drag of winter leads to the onset of seasonal depression and eventually becomes a nuisance altogether. Entering spring means the end of a long internal and external battle against the weather.

9. Everyone is coming out of hibernation

Birds, animals and even people are starting to wake up again and become more active after the long winter. Everything feels new and fresh and opportunity is everywhere.

10. It is almost the end of the school year

Spring break is the most fun time of year. Letting loose for a week with friends and family after making it through winter serves as the best reward. After spring break though, there is only a couple of weeks until finals and then we're out of school for the summer.

11. Driving with the windows down

Once the weather gets warmer, it finally becomes bearable to drive with the windows down without experiencing harsh cold. Driving with the windows down is the epitome of summer nostalgia and serves a reminder that summer is near.

12. We are that much closer to summer

Literally one season away.

Although the arrival of summer is the most anticipated of the year, spring is the beautiful pathway to that season. We get to watch summer bloom into warmth, beauty, and relaxation; and that just builds up our anticipation that much more. The seasons always go too fast, and they always have something to offer. Perhaps we should slow down and appreciate them in the moment before they change again.