20 Things That Make Life Worth Living

20 Things That Make Life Worth Living

So no one told you life was gonna be this way...

20
20 Things That Make Life Worth Living
Photo by Tyler Nix on Unsplash

There's a difference between feeling down and feeling like you with the Earth would split open and swallow you out of existence. Something wonderful I've learned from days like the latter is that you don't always need a big, grand gesture type, amazing thing to happen to you to feel better. Sometimes, you just need to look at the little things.

1. Laughing so hard your stomach hurts and you need to pee.

My favorite feeling ever!

2. Watching the sky turn violet, pink, orange, and yellow just before the sun sets.

You can also think of sunrises but I personally love the sun setting. It's the end of another day, you have survived another day. You will survive so many more.

3. Looking out the window on a cold winter day as you get cozy in blankets and drink hot chocolate.

4. Music that tugs at your heartstrings.

5. Singing along to songs that once represented sadness but now stand for an obstacle you hurdled.

This one's for my emo phase people! The same Blink-182 songs are no longer my depressed "I want to die" music but now my "I am so glad I lived" music.

6. Falling asleep as it rains outside.

Not the rain noises coming from your phone but actual, real rain

7. Reading a book that transports you.

That feeling of opening a book one minute and being in a completely new world the next.

8. Making someone else laugh.

9. Finding a new favorite flavor of ice cream.

10. Going to all the places you haven't had the chance to travel to yet.

Italy? Thailand? Texas? There's a whole world out there and you're not even gonna try to stay alive and see it?

11. Your favorite smells.

I love the smell of rain, mint, old books, vanilla, so many others. And I can't wait to smell them again.

12. Comfort food.

13. Seeing a sky full of stars.

Sometimes you look up at a sky full of stars and feel so infinitesimal. But, that's comforting in a way; knowing that there is so much out there and you are not alone.

14. The feeling you get when someone someone genuinely says, "I love you."

Not the automatic I love yous that accompany the end of a phone call but when someone looks at you, smiles, and says, "I love you."

15. Feeling a breeze brush through your hair on a day that's the perfect temperature.

16. The adrenaline rush of riding a roller coaster.

17. Falling in reciprocated love.

18. Having one perfect day where nothing goes wrong.

19. Learning resilient stories.

Something that really keeps me motivated is hearing stories of people who remained resilient in the face of absolute nightmare which includes people like the Central Park Five and Hellen Keller.

20. Finding a new song to be obsessed with.

It's the feeling of finding the song that'll be on repeat for the next ten days.

No matter what you're going through, what state you're in, you are allowed to feel the way you do. Your feelings are important and valid but they are also temporary. You will be okay.