8 Reasons You Should Get Fitted For Your Next Bra

Bras are a tricky thing to shop for, and 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size. If you pick out a size you think is your size instead of actually getting measured, most likely you inaccurately picked a bra which can cause many problems comfort-wise down the road. Here are said problems and other reasons why you should get fitted for your next bra.

1. People underestimate the importance of the band.

The band is the most important part of the bra and it seems like we women don't seem to understand this. The band is the number in a bra size i.e. 34D. This is the first measurement that we take. This is the biggest fighting point with customers. The band is what gives you support. It's what makes the cup hold the girls up. Many women like to have their band loose, but if the band is loose the girls won't be supported and this is what causes back pain. It may feel tight at first, but just like shoes, you have to break in your bras.

2. The cups.

People think that it's all in the cups and that this is the easy part, but some people seriously don't know what it looks like when your breasts fit in a cup. If you're bulging out or gapping in the slightest your bra will show through your shirt and it can cause your breasts to feel sore as well. The cups should rest gently on your chest not squeezing or airing your breasts.

3. 12-22-year-olds.

Your breasts change so much during this time. From 12-16 your boobs continuously grow throughout your pubescent journey, and once you get to college at 18 your breasts go through changes as well due to your change of lifestyle. It is important to keep up with your breasts as you grow for your own comfort, but it is also okay to get cheaper bras during this time so you don't break the bank trying to keep up.

4. Understanding the bra sizing.

When I measure women and tell them they are a 32D, for example, they start to freak out. "I'm a D???" they ask. The amount of confusion I see is alarming because a 32D is so much smaller than a 38D. I literally have to hold the bras together to compare them for the customer to understand.

The way measurements work is that we measure the band and the number of inches that your breasts emerge from your chest is supposed to be your cup size (I say supposed to be because the measurement is not always right, and we see so many breasts in a day; we can eyeball it and know what size just by looking). This causes a 38 cup to be bigger than the 32 cup because a 38 that comes out 4 inches is going to have more space on her chest to cover than a 32 if I can state that as bluntly as possible.

5. Life changes.

Stress eating, hitting the gym more often, pregnancy, post-pregnancy and breastfeeding, breast enhancements, breast reductions and many more are causes of change to your breasts when these occurrences happen it is time to go get fitted for the right bra for your lifestyle.

6. We are the experts.

I have argued all day with people about bras but at the end of the day, we know what we are talking about. We have sat through classes, practiced on each other, and done hundreds if not thousands of bra fittings, and we see the same things every day. We learn from our mistakes and if a new situation comes along, we ask for help from our other bra experts because someone has experienced that situation before.

7. The bra style.

We may find your size but our "most loved bra" fits weird. We go through every style of bra if we have to, to find you the right fit. If you're full we give you perfect coverage. If you have less top tissue we give you a demi. If you need push-up we give you push-up. We know what style of bra you need if you just let us help you.

8. You get to feel like a princess.

Having a bra fitting is one of the best feelings. You have a specialist making sure everything fits right and catering to what you came in the store looking for. We're bringing you bras left and right, and it feels so good to find that perfect bra like let me get 20.