7 Thank Yous For The Parents Who Deserve Millons

Here are seven out of the millions of things to thank your parents for.

155
Trisha Gregis (my image)

I was always so anxious to grow up. From freshman year of high school to now going to college and looking for my own place, I always seemed to rush through my childhood. While I am still anxious for my future and to settle down, I sometimes find myself missing home and having my parents nearby. My parents have always been my rock, and they deserve some praise for putting up with me for 18+ years.

So, to my parents, I want to thank you for these things.

1. Providing Me With Everything I Need

From changing my diaper as a baby to feeding me when I went through my growth spurts as a child, you've always made sure I have had everything I needed. You have probably spent way more money than necessary on clothes, snacks, shoes, lunch money, school t-shirts, or that cool toy I saw at the mall. You always gave me everything I ever needed or wanted (unless I was being a spoiled brat of course).

2. Lecturing Me

This one is SO hard for me to write because I can't even count how many times I wanted to jump out of a moving car when you were lecturing me or how many times my eyes rolled back in my head. But the truth is, without those lectures I probably would have never learned my lesson. Whether it was me making a mistake or someone close to the family, it was always turned into a lecture and a lesson learned, and looking back now, I wouldn't have it any other way.

3. Keeping Me Safe

Once again, very very hard for me to write. There were times when I was younger that you guys would have to meet my friends or their parents when I went somewhere for the night, or get everyones phone number in case you couldn't get ahold of me. There were even times where dad showed up at one of my friends house to "check" on us, or did those drive by's. No matter how embarrassing it was, I know that you all were just making sure I was safe. Those texts at the end of the night telling you that I was okay helped you sleep peacefully at night. I'm thankful that I have parents who protected me, even when it seemed a little overboard.

4. Always Helping Me

Emotionally, financially, educationally. You have always been there whenever I needed you. No matter what the issue was, you were there to help me solve it or overcome it. Between boys, clothes, food, homework, tests, or even stress, you guys have always done everything you could do to help me overcome my hardships.

5. Always Going Overboard for Holidays

Whether it was Christmas, Easter, or my birthday, you always gave me something to look forward to. I remember waking up on one Christmas morning with the entire living room covered in gifts. You have given me a love for holidays and something to look forward to (but you have also made me want to buy a ton of gifts for everyone, and that gets expensive).

5. Showing Me What Is Right From Wrong

I've seen a lot in life, good and bad, and as a child it gets hard to tell what is right from wrong, what I should do and what I shouldn't do. But, you always made it a point to make it clear to me what was right and wrong. You helped me strengthen my stance on certain issues and develop morals of my own. I didn't always make the right decisions, but I always knew what was right from wrong, and I always tried to stand strong for what I believed.

6. Showing Me What Family Means

No matter what life has thrown at us or what has happened, we have always stuck together as a family (for the most part). Even when things get rough with our non-immediate family, I always have a little family of four to fall back on. We have never given up on each other. You all have shown me what the true definition of family is, and that is something I will cherish forever.

7. Loving Me Unconditionally

Parents are supposed to love their children unconditionally. But unfortunately in today's world, that is not always the case. You guys have always loved and supported me in everything I have done. No matter how many times I made you mad or back talked you, the good always overpowered the bad and you were always proud of me. I was never alone because I always had you guys. I was always loved, and that what I am most thankful for.

You guys truly are the best parents a couple girls could ever ask for. You are wonderful role models, and even better parents. There is no better duo in this world. You guys have kicked the whole parenting thing right in the ass, and have planted so many morals and so many of your personal quirks in us that we will never be able to get rid of them, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, thank you for everything.