10 Reasons You Should Take Summer Classes

Consider the points and thank me later.

156
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-lying-on-green-grass-while-holding-pencil-1458318/
Pexels.com

Once you hit the spring semester as a college student your eyes glaze over. You have senioritis all over again and zero motivation to do anything at all. Once finals are through you have your mind set on summer and being home with all your friends, relaxing by the poolside, and watching Netflix with your dog. The mere mention of summer classes makes you want to cry, but also makes you want to laugh at how ridiculous the suggestion is. As crazy as it sounds after two long semesters, summer classes may not be as crazy a suggestion as you think. There are plenty of reasons that taking summer classes could be a good idea.

1. You get some classes out of the way so you don't have to worry about them anymore

2. You could graduate early

3. You could take them at an easier college closer to you and transfer it in

4. Summer classes are way easier

5. You can take online courses so you don't even have to leave your house and can still do everything you want to over the summer

6. In person class sizes are much smaller

7. The course material may be more compact but the course load is actually lighter

8. More one-on-one time with your professor

9. The internet can be your best friend

10. You can take more classes in the summer than in a semester (because some only go through half of the summer versus the full term)

When it's all said and done, you'll be glad you got that hard class out of the way in a few short weeks when it was more relaxed than dying from it through the semester. Consider it and thank me later.