Five Reasons October Is The Best Month

Five Reasons October Is The Best Month

Truly the Noblest of All Months

5
Best Fresh Christmas Tree

October is finally upon us! Here are five reasons that October is the noblest of months.

Sweater Weather

No one really wants to say good-bye to summer. We all miss the days when we can wear shorts, tank tops, and flip flops. That is, until it’s time to pull out the sweaters. Sweater weather is literally the best time of year. It’s not cold enough to pull out your marshmallow jackets yet. But it’s just cold enough that it’s acceptable to live in your hoodie or wear your favorite sweater 3 out of 5 days a week. Pulling out all the sweaters and hoodies more than makes up for having to pack away all the summer wear.

Pretty leaves

Maybe you don’t like the cold but you have to admit that autumn is the prettiest time of year. Even the word is just pretty… Autumn. When October hits, the world is filled with colors. Everything turns bright red, orange, and yellow. And even though it only lasts for a few weeks, it’s just genuinely refreshing every time you step outside and brief in that cold brisk air and see all of the leaves turning.

Pumpkin Spice Everything

Okay, so maybe my white girl is showing here but pumpkin spice lattes are great. And yeah, I’ll draw the line at pumpkin spice bacon or deodorant but I love that for a few weeks, I can find pumpkin spice anything by going to any store. There’s only one time of year that pumpkin spice is acceptable so please don’t spoil it for me by calling me basic. Okay, rant done. But seriously, like ginger snaps are the cookies of Christmas, pumpkin spice is the flavor of October. So enjoy it while it lasts!

Spooky Movies

October is when the best movies come on TV. All the movies that used to scare the crap out of you as a kid, the movies that still kind of creep you out now, and the movies you don’t watch alone are being played on just about any station. All you have to do is turn on the TV to find something to put you in the Halloween spirit.

Halloween

Literally the best part of October. You hit an age… like 13 to 18 where you think you’re too cool to dress up. But then you get to college and suddenly your costumes become more elaborate than they ever were at 10 years old. My friends and I take our Halloween costumes very seriously and plan them months in advance. And being on a college student budget, you get to make your own costume. This can be a pain in the butt or it can be a ton of fun as you combine your closets with your friends and then go out to Goodwill for what you don’t have. I’ve had more fun dressing up in college than I ever did as a little kid just because my friends and I make a challenge out of it.