6 Reasons Not To Drop Out This Semester Even Though You're Borderline Tempted

"If you haven't felt like quitting, your dreams aren't big enough."

133
Rebekah Sipe

It is that time of the semester again, aka like the fifth week of classes, and syllabus week is far from over. Exams are too real now, papers are due, and your social life can't stop for any of the above. But if you think about dropping out as much as me, here are six wonderful reasons to stay in school.

1. You can eat whenever and wherever (if it’s included in your meal plan of course).

What isn't to love about this? Hungry? Take three steps and you are at a food source. Don't have a lot of time to wait? Order it from your phone. The food might not be 5-star restaurant quality, but it is there and thanks to your tuition, you already paid for it. So basically, it's free right?? If you don't think too hard about this, you can convince yourself you are eating for free.

2. Midday naps are acceptable.

Don't have class for two hours? That sounds like four episodes of The Office to me. This is totally acceptable too, even encouraged, truly. I am not sure there will be another time in our lives that taking two naps before dinner time would not be frowned upon. Of course, you have to do someeeee work in between classes, but isn't it much better to rest up with a nice nap or watch some Netflix to give your brain a break? Justifying a nap is just that easy in college. I certainly would not want to trade this for the world.

3. The excitement about getting a package notification.

"You have a package at the front desk", is enough to turn any day around. The best part is, there is a 98% chance this package is just yet another textbook, but I will get excited each time. Or, it is just my online shopping habit kicking in again. It really is the simple things in college that make you excited, so why give this joy up???

4. Free t-shirts.

I am 99% sure we only pay tuition at our school to just pay for all of the free t-shirts we will receive. Honestly, there is no reason to even pack t-shirts to school, because within the first week, you will get enough to last the entire semester, and the semester after, and then even some for Christmas presents. If this doesn't sell you on staying in school, check your priorities.

5. You will miss living with your besties.

Packing way too many things into one room and then splitting it in half and living with someone you have met maybe once before? HECK YES! This is without a doubt my favorite part of school. Granted, I got super lucky with my roommate because it is a neverending sleepover party. Even with all of the drama that comes with housing, being able to live with your besties is sooo worth it!! I don't know another time in my life that living with all of my friends will ever be this easy.

6. You are passionate about what you are doing.

I know, you might not use the quadratic equation in your everyday life or the chances of you having to distill an unknown substance all by yourself is slim to none, but this is getting you to where you need to be. Don't let a hard class or a tough professor, or even just a hard test distract you from the end goal. You started this path for a reason, you set a goal for a purpose, so don't let a tiny bump in the road take you off your course. Do it for the student who worked so hard to get to where you are, that woke up way too early for the SAT, for the one who skipped that party to memorize polyatomic ions, and for the one who is going to be super happy in the future pursuing their dream job.

So, don't let the stress of exams, early morning classes, are crappy professors make you feel like you can't do it. You have gotten so far along in this journey and there are too many wonderful things about school to throw away. Keep your head in the game, YOU GOT THIS!!!