7 Times I Miss Having My Mom Around

7 Times I Miss Having My Mom Around While I'm Far Away At College

College is hard, but not seeing you as often is harder.

467
Andrea Pelaez Personal Photo

College has been without a doubt the best time of my life. I've met so many great people and created new experiences. I'm on my own for the first time and it's been lots of fun to try and navigate college which I like to call the transition period between teenager and adulthood. In college, we are technically adults, but we still have the opportunity to figure ourselves out and make our own mistakes before we take on the "real world" where there's no exams or grades. This is the perfect time to figure out what we want to spend the rest of our lives doing and while I personally don't have all the answers, it is so much fun to learn new things about myself. There are so many reasons to love college, especially Florida State! We have the most beautiful campus and there's never a dull moment with something new happening on every corner. Going out is a blast with friends on the weekends is fun too!

As much as I love being on my own, being away from my family can be hard sometimes, especially my mom. My mom has always been there for me and even though she's just 4 hours and a phone call away, it's not the same. So, as much as I love college, I still miss home from time to time. I cherish the breaks and weekends that I get to go home and spend time with her so much more now that I don't live at home anymore. Make the most of the time you get to spend with your family because before you know it, you'll be back at school and as busy as ever.

Here are 7 reasons I miss my mom when I'm away at college.

The hard times are a little harder when she's not around.

I miss her hugs.

She's the first person I want to tell good news to.

I miss her cooking...

...and her homemade cookies.

Phone calls just aren't the same.

She's great at giving advice.