Why I Have Missed Living Close To A Sonic
Life Stages

6 Reasons Why I miss Living Close To A Sonic

I cry every time I go down south and I spot a Sonic.

35
Bloomberg

Before my family moved to Indiana, we lived in a small town in Kansas. Like many small towns, the area was surrounded by larger towns, but the closest larger town was close to 20 minutes away. In one of those towns, there was the absolute love of my life, Sonic. If you have never had Sonic, it is basically a drive-in restaurant that has the best, greasy food. I have been traveling a bit this summer, and every town I have passed through has at least one Sonic. I am living for it -- especially since the closest one at home is an hour and a half away. Here are my seven reasons why I miss living close to a Sonic.

1. Mozzarella Sticks

Sonic has the most delicious mozzarella sticks I have ever eaten. If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be their mozzarella sticks. They fry them so well and I'm getting hungry right now just thinking about them. I seriously crave their mozzarella sticks at the most random times, and let me just say they are always worth the late night run to get them.

2. Tater Tots

If you have never had Sonic tater tots, you are not living! I love fries at any restaurant and rarely ever get tots when I go to a food place. Yet, here I am getting the crispiest tots I've ever consumed and sitting in my car ready to die because I am eating the best potato ever. If you love deep fried potatoes, you will love their tots.

3. Cherry Limeade Frozen

Holy moly, these are good. Sonic has the best slushies ever, don't even @ me right now. They have so many different combinations you can make. Another really good one is their pina colada slushie. You can catch me sipping one of these. I do have a plan to come up with more combinations and shall keep you all updated on what combos I find delicious.

4. Sonic Blast

Continuing the drink theme, their ice cream is so good! Especially their M&M Sonic Blast, which is superior to McDonald's M&M McFlurry in my opinion. I am a sucker for ice cream runs, and if there was a Sonic closer to me in Indiana, you best believe I would be there every time I had a craving for ice cream.

5. Hot Dogs

I am very odd about my hot dogs, and I do not eat them from very many places. However, Sonic has some of the best hot dogs I have ever tried at any restaurant. If you like hot dogs from ball parks you must try their "All-American Dog". Also, you can get a corn dog for just 98 cents.

6. Chicken, Chicken, And More Chicken

If you know me, you know that I love Chick-Fil-A, but I am also weird about my chicken. Sonic has the second best chicken (right after Chick-Fil-A of course). Their popcorn chicken has been one of my go-to's since I first went to Sonic, and it will continue to be my number one. Although, their burgers are also really good too.

No matter what, you can never go wrong at Sonic. Your body may hate you later, but it is very much worth it. The overall experience is super cool too. When I was younger, the Sonic servers would wear roller blades, and some Sonic's still have servers who do. Since moving to Indiana, our closest Sonic is about an hour and a half away, and (sorry not sorry) I do not feel like driving that far no matter how good the food is. I guess it is probably a good thing that there is not one so close to me, since I would be there almost every day. Overall, Sonic is it's own experience. Everyone should try it at least once. Right now, a Sonic sits just down the road from me, and I am going to take every opportunity I can to grab a slushie.