5 Reasons Why You Should Actually Love Someone

4. You can be yourself completely around them.

5391

"And now these three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love."

1. They make you a better person.

I think that is an extremely important quality. I want to love someone that I can trust is going to hold me accountable for mistakes I have made and make me want to be a better person. I don't want for them to just let me get away with anything. I want to strive to be a better person each day, and having someone who loves me do the same for me too would be perfect.

2. They stand by you though any given circumstance at any hour of the day.

I know I personally wouldn't want to love someone that wouldn't take me to the hospital when it was needed, even if it were two in the morning. I wouldn't like it if someone didn't rush to me when I call them and say i've been in a car accident and need them for support. I especially wouldn't like it if someone didn't have my back when I needed defending. I want to love someone who's going to stand with me and support me no matter what. I want to love someone who's going to bring me a coffee and sit with me for moral support while I stress over finals or my job.

3. They are kind to you and treat you with respect.

I want to love someone that is going to go out of their way to treat me with kindness and respect because I will do the same. Every person deserves to be treated with kindness and respect, and you shouldn't let any person convince you otherwise.

Nothing you do or say could make them love you any less. They know all your faults and flaws. They know all of your embarrassing secrets, yet they stick with you. You can be serious and you can be silly. You can watch bad reality tv with them, and you can sing in the shower with no regrets. You know that they aren't going to judge you for anything you do.

5. They love you and encourage you to love you too.

Loving another person in return is not everything. You have to learn to love yourself first before anyone else. Loving someone who encourages you to love yourself also is so important. You need someone to help you cancel out the negative thoughts you have about yourself. You need someone that says you look beautiful when you ask if your dress makes you look too big. You need someone who eats an extra piece of chocolate with you so you don't feel bad about it. You need someone who is willing to pray with you and for you when you're feeling really low. You need someone who lifts you up instead of bringing you down.