Reasons I appreciate my dad on father's day
Parents

17 Reasons I Love My Dad In Honor Of June 17

To the man that deserves more than just a day and another cheesy Hallmark card.

154
Lou Giambalvo

I've written countless Father's Day cards over the years but there's never a perfect way to summarize just how much I love and appreciate you.

I could list a million of the things that I and everyone around you admires about you but here are 17 of them:

1. Your thoughtfullness.

Whether it's filling my car up with gas or making sure the fridge is stocked with all my favorite foods when I'm home from college, you're always doing little things to show you care about me and the people you love!

2. Your loyalty.

One of your most admirable traits is how loyal you stay to everything in your life.

When you make a promise-you keep it. You still keep in contact with friends even way back from high school and I bet if you ask any of them they'd say you have stayed a loyal friend through all the years.

Not to mention you've managed to stay loyal to the Miami Dolphins even when it hasn't been the easiest.

3. You always go all out with everything you do.

Whether it's a birthday, a vacation, or just a homemade dinner, you always put your full effort to make it's the best it can be! I can always count on an itinerary full of a ton of fun stuff to do whenever we're planning a trip and I'm so thankful for that.

4. You always make it a priority to capture any moment in a photo.

Even if I complain sometimes about your excessive picture taking, I appreciate you capturing every moment to look back on years from now!

5. Your skills in the kitchen.

You're always up for experimenting with new recipes we discover on Tasty or putting our own twist on one of our restaurant favorites. I also can't forget about your famous antipasto appetizer- MY FAVORITE!

6. Your passion for your charity.

For over 13 years, you've been putting so much hard work into a cause that is going to benefit so many people. Not only do you put your time and effort into it, but mainly your heart and everyone around you sees it.

7. You make me feel comfortable enough to come to you about everything.

Although you're my dad first, you're also my best friend. I know that there is nothing I can't tell you because you'll never judge me and you'll always be there as a listening ear.

8. You are the epitome of a gentleman.

If the word "gentleman" had a picture next to it in the dictionary, it would be you!

From opening every door for me, to running through the rain in a parking lot to get the car so that I don't have to get wet, you never let me forget how a man should treat me!

I'll be the luckiest girl in the world if I get to marry someone who is half the gentleman you are!

9. Your positive outlook on every situation.

No matter how bad of a day or situation, you can find the silver lining in anything.

This is a trait that I admire of you so much and it is one that I try to remember in my day to day life. Whenever something doesn't go the way I would want or I get upset about something, I just think, THINK LIKE DAD!

10. Your willingness to never stop learning.

Whether it's moving up in your job or taking golf lessons, your strive to never stop learning is contagious! To see how successful you are because of your drive to keep challenging yourself makes me want to work harder.

11. You know how to have fun.

With you, a stubborn 3 hour layover at the airport turns into a cocktail at the bar, a road trip turns into a jam session, and you even know how to hang with the college kids! Pretty cool that I can say I have a dad who can stay at the bar until closing with me!

12. You don't stress the little things.

Little things that most people who stress over (I am guilty of this sometimes), you can shake off and put aside and that is something that I look up to you for.

13. You always put others before yourself.

When it comes to people in your life who are important to you, you would do absolutely anything for them even if it means sacrificing yourself. Your selflessness is unbelievable.

14. You never make me feel too old to come to you when I need you.

Even though I'm 21 years old and slowly entering into adulthood, you never make me feel dumb or naive to come to you with any questions I might have. Whether it's advice that I need or help with something in life that I haven't quite figured out with, you're always there to help me through it.

15. You always remind me how proud you are of me.

Life sometimes gets overwhelming and there's nothing more comforting than when you tell me you're proud of me.

16. You treat my problems as if they're your own.

Whether it's something as small as my phone screen being cracked or a trouble I'm having with a friend, you always do your best to make it your priority to help me with whatever it is.

17. You strive to be as good of a person as possible .

You make it a priority to have a genuine and whole-heartedly happy life. In every aspect of your life including your health, family, friends, religion, and work, happiness is number one to you and that is something that I learn from you everyday.

The fact that this list was so effortless to make says everything in itself.

You have a million amazing, genuine qualities about you and I am so lucky to call you my dad!

Happy Father's Day, I love you.