Reasons For The Season

Reasons For The Season

"Love each other with genuine affection and take delight in honoring each other."

95
Reasons For The Season
https://xfvckl0uie.tumblr.com/post/135656433099/christmas-headers-credit-to-luvmylarrehh

This time of year, as a college student, can be the epitome of stress. Balancing social life, school life, seeing our family for a week, and then frantically trying to get everything done in the next two weeks, JUST to come home again for a month. My brain hurts just typing that all out. In times like these, however, the light at the end of the tunnel is what makes it all worth it.

This light at the end of the tunnel though? Seems ambiguous. As I've gotten older and especially exposed myself to living and going to school in the city, I've realized that this light at the end of the tunnel and the reason for this very special season is something that is much more special to me than ever before.

This season of life is all about growing and finding yourself as a person, alongside the people that matter most to you, because there are so many people that can't do that during this time of year. Taking the opportunity to find your purpose and what you are called to do for yourself and others is the ultimate reason why this time of year is so special.

If we think about the saying, "Jesus is the reason for the season," it is more than just putting Jesus first and thinking about how he came to this earth. If Jesus is the reason for the season, and Jesus was the one who made the ultimate sacrifice, shouldn't we be thinking what we can do to make sacrifices in our own lives to impact others?

This holiday season I encourage you; buy coffee for the person behind you, volunteer at a soup kitchen, take the money that would go towards gifts and donate it to a shelter. Whatever it is, these selfless acts are also acts of God working through each and every one of us to make a difference in the lives of others that don't have what we all do.

"Love each other with genuine affection and take delight in honoring each other" (Romans 12:10).

This holiday season is really what this verse is all about. Loving each other whether it's family, friends, or strangers and taking delight in honoring each other with that same genuine affection that God so willingly gave to all of us.