She Was Unexplainable Cosmos
Lifestyles

She Was Unexplainable Cosmos

And I was making wishes on every star that burned out

92
She Was Unexplainable Cosmos

She was the stardust left behind after everything that ever meant something in your life died. She was unexplainable cosmos.
She was the telescope that brought those "naked to the human eye" wonders into full view. Filling your retina with a joy that simply cannot be put into words.
She was a fever that made you sweat and made your body ache.
She gave you chills at the peak of the day in summertime.
She lit your heart ablaze.
Burning every fragment of reasoning as the flames engulfed your soul.
You had forgotten the years before she existed.
They were there... they had to be... but they seemed so blurry now. So far off.
And if you closed your eyes tight enough you could bring them into focus, but you were far too busy making her laugh.
There were too many stories you had to tell one another.
Who has time for memories from before you knew her, when you're trying to make so many of them with her now?
It's not that your life before her was unimportant,
It was very important as that life molded you to be who she fell in love with...
But now you are learning to love her better and she's the only instructor you need.
She knows her heart better than you.
So when she says it hurts, you stop doing it.
When she says it feels good, you do it more.
And when she says you'll never understand how much you mean to her,
You'll want to tell her that you've gazed at every star in the night sky for hours on end
And she will never understand how caught up you were before.
She will never understand that she wasn't the stars that burned out, but rather the cosmic dust that trailed after everything that ever meant anything in your life, died.
She was the hope that wishing on a dying star wasn't the end of a dream.
So you understand.
But she is stardust... and she knows her heart better than you.
So instead you will nod.
You will close your eyes tightly and try to focus on the years before her, but you'll just end up doing anything to make her laugh.