11 Reasons Finals Week Is The Slowest 7 Days You'll Ever Experience, As Told By 'The Office'

Your lose sense of time. You start counting down the days until break. No wonder finals week is dubbed by some as the slowest (and most painful) week of the year.

670

It's ~almost~ winter break, but finals are our final obstacle on the way to freedom. For me, these last few weeks have dragged on and on, but the last week is at long last approaching. Although I do dread the multiple assessments and studying that comes with the end of the semester, I relish the fact that my suffering will be gone soon — at least for two weeks.

1. You spend an average of two or three hours on each exam.

Although that doesn't seem like a lot of time, once you've gone through four or five exams, your brain cells start to die and the clock seems to reverse itself.

2. You can't stop thinking about break...

During your exam, in between exams, studying for exams — every moment not stressing about exams is spent anticipating the upcoming break.

3. ...and it won't come fast enough. 

You're counting down the days until break. But they're passing so slowly...

4. Every day seems to span the time of three or four days.

It's only Monday? It already feels like weeks have passed.

5. You start hallucinating due to your lack of sleep.

I swear I've already taken this exam before. Am I dreaming?

SEE ALSO: 11 Tips To Excel In School. From A Straight-A Student

6. All your knowledge seems to clump together (and not in a good way). 

You know how your knowledge from each class is supposed to connect to other classes? Only in this case, you've been cramming so much that random facts for chemistry float in your mind when you're taking your history exam.

7. Instead of studying, you waste time online shopping.

Or, if you're Michael Scott, you go online to look at pictures of turtles. Whatever the case, one thing is clear: there's a reason why one week suddenly feels like one year.

8. You spend the whole week depressed.

It's true: sadness makes a day feel like an eternity.

9. You count down every day, hour and second. 

It's also true that being aware of how much time you have left makes it everything pass by that much slower.

10. Your brain is drained and sluggish.

After using your brain cells to the extent of their power, simple words become hard to speak, and your brain finds it harder to process time.

SEE ALSO: 11 Types Of AP Teachers Students Had To Deal With This School Year

11. You simultaneously want and don't want to know your scores, and that anticipation drags on the whole week.

I only want to know if it's good.