Reasons I Fell In Love With My College: Part 2

One list wasn't enough to describe why I love my home away from home.

20
facebook.com

I recently wrote an article about the reasons I fell in love with my college, Lynchburg College. (You can read it here). When I created the list, it was composed of reasons from my initial impression of Lynchburg College. Now my classes are over and I am awaiting finals -- with fear, I may add -- and I am reminiscing about the year I have had at Lynchburg College. My previous article gave a list of reasons of why I initially fell for Lynchburg College and decided to call it my home away from home. Now, as I wrap up my first year and prepare for finals and summer, I reminice about why I am still in love with Lynchburg College, and why I can't wait to come back in August.

Professors

I have now completed 13 different courses ranging from BioEthics to Accounting. Each class has been unique and full of many different people and professors. Like every other student, I have had my favorites, but I have enjoyed all of them. Each has been passionate about their class and kind with their students; I have witnessed them spend endless hours with their students, past and present. I personally have made some great bonds with a few of my professors, and have made a connection to them outside of the classroom. There have been countless times when I have passed by a professor on campus and they have stopped to ask me how I am doing and catch up with me. Obviously professors are an essential part of college (who else are we going to learn from?), so we couldn't really do it without them. Thank you to my professors of 2015-2016 for helping me getting this far.

Students

Lynchburg College is known for its sense of community and family and we carry that with us always. Maybe you're having a hard time understand part of the subject, or you missed class and need to make up notes, but I can guarantee that there will be at least one student who will help you. Like they say in "High School Musical," we're all in this together. Here at LC we're all in this together and we are family, all students past, present, and future. Current students and alumni both are willing to help fellow students and LC, and that's something fantastic to admire in a college.

Clubs

When I initially stepped onto LC ground, I didn't realize how much there was to get involved in. Of course there are jobs, volunteering, or Greek organizations to join, but any student can become involved through a club. Personally, I joined the Entrepreneur Organization, but I know that we also have a Debate Club, Theoria club, Ethics Bowl, Pokemon Club, Student Activities Board, Latin Club, and many more. The clubs here allow students an outlet away from the duties of a student or employee and give them a way to express something the enjoy, and also provide the opportunity of leadership.

Opportunities

(LC Students at Model UN in New York, 2016)

Connections, connections, connections. While I have been at LC, I have been blessed with many different connections and opportunities, such as the opportunity to write for Odyssey, multiple present and future job opportunities, and the opportunity to be the president of the LC Entrepreneur Organization next year. LC has also provided me with multiple opportunities to network with the Lynchburg community and with LC alumni to create connections. Lynchburg College is great at making sure its students are well taken care of, both during their time in college and after college.

Friends

This year I have made some of the greatest friends of my life. They say that college is the time of your life, and they, whoever they are, are right. Some of the best days and nights of my life have been at college with my closest friends. Nights out partying, nights in pajamas devouring a large Domino's pizza and cookie cake, days out on the Dell, and hardcore study sessions with large White Chocolate Mocha's have been some of the greatest memories from college that I know I will carry with me for a very long time. I have a feeling that the people I make these memories with will stick with me through our time in college, and they will most likely stick around for a while after that, too.

Greek Life

I personally am not in a sorority (yet) or fraternity, but I have gotten to know some of the women and men on campus who are in Greek life, and they are great. Because some of my close friends are in Greek life, I now know so many wonderful people who are dedicated to their sisters and brothers and their missions. Because of these wonderful people, I am considering entering Greek life next year, and I can't wait to become a part of a greater community that does so much for our college and others.

Hornet Love

"It's a great day to be a Hornet." There is not a day that I do not here this phrase, and I don't think I have seen another college that has as much school spirit as Lynchburg College. We are small in size, but oh are we mighty. Our alumni love our school, our current students love our school, and future students will be just as proud to call themselves a Lynchburg College Hornet. We wear our red and gray with pride, and we are proud to say that we attend Lynchburg College. We are more than just a college; we are a community and a family.

I am Hornet born and bred. Every day is a great day to be a Hornet.