9 Reasons Every Household Needs A Dog

9 Reasons Every Household Needs A Dog

They really do become your best friends.

84
9 Reasons Every Household Needs A Dog
Elise Devlin

Whether you're a dog lover or not, there's no denying how much joy dogs can bring to people. After being away from my dog for the first time this year, I have realized how happy he really makes me. I can't imagine not growing up with him by my side.

Here's why every household should have a dog to grow up with.

1. Dogs are great with kids

When they are trained the right way, dogs make great playmates for children. Kids grow to love them like a friend. Bonus: by taking care of them, having a dog teaches kids how to be responsible.

2. Companionship 

It almost always feels like dogs have a sixth sense for when their owner is feeling down. They are always there to comfort. At the same time, dogs are always ready to celebrate with you! There really is no one happier to just be in your presence than your dog.

3. They're protectors

No matter what kind of dog you own, they are always going to be there to protect you. You are their favorite thing in their life and will defend you always. Having them around will give you a sense of protection and safeness.

4. Entertainment

Dogs will always be there to make you laugh. With a dog, you can never be bored. Whether they are just chasing their tail or playing fetch with you, they are always excited to make you smile.

5. Great cuddlers

Movie nights are 100 times better cuddling with your furry friend. Having a dog means you'll always have a cuddle buddy.

6. Their loyalty

Just saying, I've never seen a service cat but service dogs are everywhere. Once you own a dog, they are loyal to you for life.

7. They actually make you healthier

Dogs can actually improve heart health by making your heart stronger. Studies show that having a canine companion is linked to lower blood pressure, reduced cholesterol, and decreased triglyceride levels, which contribute to better overall cardiovascular health and fewer heart attacks.

8. They will keep you active

Having a dog is good for your health since they absolutely must get exercise. By simply taking your dog on a daily walk or jog, you can both get your heart rates up and de-stress.

9. They are ADORABLE

Dogs really are just the cutest animals! It's nearly impossible to not love them, in my opinion. Having them around will make you happier just by how cute they are.