things you miss about high school

11 Things You'll Miss About High School, But Not Until Years After You've Graduated

Looking back, it's the little things that you miss.

581

High school...you either loved it or hated it. Some call it the glory days while others can't wait to leave and experience what the world has to offer beyond the boundaries of your small town. Looking back on high school, there are definitely parts I wish I could have skipped. However, there are some things that I look back on now and wish I could relive.

1. Seeing your best friends every day.

charlotteagenda-charlotteagenda.netdna-ssl.com

This one's a given, but there's nothing like the memories you share with the people you grew up with. You'll miss your high school BFF's once you're more than 15 minutes away.

2. Friday night lights

cdn.tegna-tv.com

You'll miss the innocence of spending a Friday night under stadium lights cheering on your team, surrounded by your best friends.

3. School dances

bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com

Whether or not the dance was actually worth it is beside the point. Nothing beat getting ready for prom or homecoming.

4. Having a curfew

s-i.huffpost.com

You hated it at the time, but now you look for excuses to get out of late night social gatherings and wish you had your mom nagging you to be home before midnight so you could actually get some sleep.

5. High school sports

static.hudl.com

When you had practice every night after school, it was easy to eat that pizza without a worry in the world. Plus, the bonds made with your team were unbreakable.

6. The homework load

images.pexels.com

You may have thought it was rough at the time, but then you got to college and quickly found out you were wrong.

7. Having less responsibilities

images.pexels.com

With no bills to pay, no demanding job to work, or any major stress, you had it made.

8. Enjoying your summer

scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram.com

Back when every summer day was a beach day, before you grew up and had to work during the summer.

9. Your lunch period

media1.popsugar-assets.com

Even when you couldn't leave the building, your lunch period consisted of the best conversations with your best friends. Looking back, it's the little things like this that you miss.

10. Senior year

scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram.com

You'll rush it as fast as you possibly can, then one day you'll miss it. Live up your senior year and enjoy every second.

11. Having your family at your fingertips

scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagram.com

Someday you won't all live under the same roof. There's nothing like coming home.

Years down the road when you look back on your high school days, you'll realize that some of it is worth missing.