A Reality Check In How Beginning A Teen Parent Really Is

It isn't all baby showers and new clothes

20
Pictorem

“Mommy, I want candy,” is what every child says to their mom when they go to the grocery store. There are many parents out there in the world. Some of those parents are young parents who have no idea what is going to happen to their lives. Many people think that teen parents should take all the blame for the baby. Most of the time, they blame the girl for not wearing protection, but everyone forgets that it takes two mingle, even if the fathers don’t stay for the baby or even help out.

Some of these teen parents never knew it could happen to them or never had the talk with their parents. If teenagers don’t have that open communication with their parents, they will just not talk about until someone is pregnant. In addition, I think that schools should have a class talking about sex because we know the basics, but schools should talk about the effects of having sex.

I want to start off by saying that I am not teen mom and don’t think that I would just ask myself, “What if it happened to me?” and write an article. I don’t like to do that and I want to hear real stories, not just what you see on television. So, I asked some girls if they would help write this article about the reality of being a teen mom or teen parents.

Some girls responded and I loved to the fact that one of them is my best friend. I want to give them a voice in this world of young parenting. So each one of them has told me their history and what they went through and what is going in their lives now.

Being a young parent is not easy and everyone knows that. Some of these moms had to hide their pregnancies from their whole family and friends. When the parents found out, they were mad and didn’t want to stay at the time when they received the news.

In addition to that kind of stress, they had school to deal with. Let me tell you one thing, I went to this school where some of them went and I never thought that people would bully a teen mom. For all you teen parents I’m so sorry that they bullied you because apparently they have nothing else to do. They thought that pregnancy was the hard part of going through all these morning sickness and throwing up and eating whatever you feel like eating. Once the bundle of joy came into their lives everything changed.

Some of these young parents became single parents and now how to figure it out on their own. But, some were lucky to have that other person in life to help with baby. I kept reading their stories and was so worried about them because they had to think about who they would have to leave their kids with if something were to happen to them. Because some of these parents went through a hard labor and not everything turn out good or they had something come up in their health and that spark that thought in their head.

Getting to know what they have gone through and knowing that they have to put child or children first is big one for them. Maturing had to come fast for them because they weren't going to deal with unnecessaries things.

One thing that gets me mad and the reason why I’m writing this article is because these tv shows we have today about being a teen parents have some truth to it, but there are some lies too. My big one is that the parents will always have people around them to support them, which isn’t true because some of these young parents were either kicked out or they had to move out to start new.

I going to be straight up honest with you guys. I never thought that bringing a child into this world was stressful, but after reading all these stories I was like, "I’m not going to have child until I know for fact I can do this."

These stories are so inspiring what these moms had to go through and making decision about their children's future. They gave me inside look into their world which was really nice of them, but I tell you one thing. These women are strong and independent and they don’t let no one boss them around. I want to give them a voice so here are some quotes of what they said in their stories.

Brenda: “I think I have to be strong because I have to show Sophia (her child) that no matter what happens to you, no matter what you’re going through, you have to overcome it and show people you won’t give up."

Astrid: “They have to think about who they should leave their kids with or the things you think about in that one moment of near death."

Skye: “The hardest thing was working and dealing with pre-eclampsia and money."

Kathy: “I graduated high school and walked down the aisle with my baby in my arms and I cried because I did it and that her father was never going to get the opportunity I got."

Jasmine: “I really wish I would've waited for sure. I love him but it’s super hard still and he’s a month now. I still cry because it’s like I’m afraid of not knowing what do if something happens to him."