22 Realistic Goals That I Have For Myself In 2022

Here's to a year of good health, self-love, and growth.

2189

The funny thing about New Year's resolutions is that we've all collectively agreed that most of the time, they don't work. In fact, January 17th is recognized as "Ditch Your New Year's Resolution Day". Maybe it's because we set the bar too high, or because change really is hard to manage, or a little bit of both, but I still think setting realistic goals for yourself is important, no matter the time of year.

I also think that creating goals that aren't incredibly hard to implement into your life once the clock hits midnight makes you more likely to attain them. So, although there's no way that I can focus on all of these all the time, here are 22 things that I want to get out of 2022 that are realistic for myself right now.

1. Be patient with myself.

Even when I fall short on things I want to achieve.

2. Be more present.

I have a big year full of lots of change ahead of me. I want to be there for all of it.

3. Take more time to do the things that I enjoy.

4. Wake up earlier.

"Life is waking up an hour early to live an hour more."

5. Read more.

6. Write more.

Pinterest has some really cool 30-day journaling challenges that I want to try!

7. Spend more time on LinkedIn and Pinterest than Instagram and Twitter.

8. Run more.

9. Focus on listening to others.

10. Try something new as often as possible.

Even if it's just a new food.

11. Pray more.

12. Stop waiting for "one day".

I have a bad habit of saying "later" instead of jumping in right now.

13. Become better at time management.

Really, this just boils down to one thing: stop procrastinating.

14. Say no to relationships that no longer serve me.

15. Lessen negative self-talk.

16. Take more photos.

Of anything and everything! I'll want to remember all of the little moments, too.

17. Stress less about things I can't control.

18. Do more random acts of kindness.

19. Make time for self-care.

This goes beyond just face masks and journaling; self-care also includes dealing with tough emotions and being gentle with myself when I can't do what I want to get done.

20. Be more proactive.

With work, cleaning, and everything in-between.

21. Do more things that scare me.

22. Be kind to myself and others.

This is the most important one. I want to fully embrace my favorite Bible verse, 1 Corinthians 16:14: "Let all that you do be done in love."