11 REAL Tips For Rising High School Seniors

Get ready for the best year of your life.

54

To high school juniors: congratulations on making it through the most challenging year of high school yet. This past year has been filled with standardized tests, school work, and the stress of starting the college process. As a junior in high school i remember being overwhelmed thinking about the sometimes daunting process of applying to college. However, looking back on it now a lot of the stress that I had at the end of junior and senior year was caused by myself. I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect and I was always second guessing. To reduce this stress, it is important to look at the college process with perspective. Yes, it will be a lot of work, but it will all pay off in the end. I know everyone tells you this, but I cannot stress it enough: start your applications EARLY. The deadlines sneak up on you during the most busy semester of your high school career. That being said, don't stress. Trust yourself, trust your decisions, and trust the hard work you have put in to put yourself in this position. Although senior year can be stressful, please, please don't forget to have fun!! Enjoy your last moments as a high school student and cherish every moment!

1. HAVE FUN!!

You're only a senior in high school once!!

2. Don't compare yourself to others. 

It is hard to separate yourself from others especially when it comes to GPA and test scores. Just remember that we all have different strengths and you have to be confident in yourself without comparing to others!

3. Don't wish away the time.

Everyone get's senioritis, but don't wish away the time you have in high school. You'll always look back on it as some of the best times of your life.

4. Don't forget to actually do school. 

Unfortunately, colleges do look at your senior year grades!

5. Participate in EVERYTHING.

Don't waste a second. Play in field day, go to prom, hang out with friends, play sports...everything.

6. Go to prom. 

Even if it may seem overrated or like a hassle, prom is one of the rights of passage for every high school student. Go, have fun, and make memories you'll never forget.

7. Don't worry about what anyone else is doing. 

Try to isolate your college decision and not let factors like friends influence your choice.

8. Shoot for the stars, apply to your dream schools. 

Why limit yourself when applying to schools? Even if odds are slim, you'll never know if you don't try!

9. Be confident in your college decision.

Don't waver. Make a decision and get excited!

10. Enjoy the summer before senior year. 

Happy grad party season!

11. Don't let a minute go to waste. 

Enjoy high school and make memories!