My Mom Is The Person That I Cried For When I Was Dropped Off At Daycare And To This Day She's Also My Best Friend

I love you Mom!

522
Macey Trommeter

My mom is not only the person who brought me into this world or the person who I would cry for when she had to drop me off at daycare, she is the person I can go to about anything at any time. It may seem a little corny to say that my mom is my best friend, but it is true and if you have a strong relationship with your mom you will know exactly what I mean when I say that there is no one like her. These are just some of the many reasons why I consider her to be my go-to person:

1. No sugar coating here.

Whether it be that I am in over my head about something or if I need an opinion, she has no intention of not giving it to me straight. I have always admired this about my mom, especially now that I am the one with this quality as well. This is her way of keeping me in check and bringing me back down to reality. Even though the truth may hurt a little bit sometimes, Mom somehow always knows what is best in the end.

2. Always there to talk.

Gina Rodriguez above is literally me. I could be on the red carpet at a Hollywood awards show calling my mom saying, "You'll never guess where I am" or "hey"! No matter what is going on in our lives, my mom is always ready to chat and I love her for it.

3. Loves me no matter what.

I will keep this one short and sweet. I am sure as a mon, forgiveness is an important virtue and I am so grateful for that. Throughout my life, there are probably a few, if not many, instances where she has questioned my choices. No matter the circumstance, she will always love me. All I can say is, thank you, Mom.

4. She is my number one fan.

I grew up playing sports that happened to be outside. I also grew up in a state where it loved to snow. With my mom sitting on the sidelines of every soccer and softball game, I knew that however, the game ended she would be there with a hug. Even though I do not play sports anymore, now that I am in college, she still cheers me on from afar for the little things in life.

5. Get up and dust yourself off.

Life is definitely not a stroll in the park, and being a mom I am sure she knows this already. As her daughter, she has always taught me to deal with all that life throws at me. With my mom's help, she has also taught me to pick myself up, learn from my mistakes, and keep moving forward. She never fails to give me that tough love.

In short, for these, and the many other unlisted reasons, my mom is my favorite person on this planet. Moms do a lot for us, and in my case, I can not thank her enough. With this, if you consider your mom to be your best friend as well, go give your mom a call and tell her, or give her a hug, or send her this article and a heart emoji - she will get the gist.