The Real Reason Why Guys Don't Respect You

"She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her." - Proverbs 3:15

8589
Ashleigh Fucci

Women hold guys to such high standards when it comes to relationships, but for some reason do not want to have standards for themselves. Girls degrade themselves just for the sake of getting attention from males and then wonder why those guys do not respect them. You have to respect yourself before anyone else will respect you.

Stop wearing skimpy clothes so that guys will notice you. That is attracting guys who only care about your body and your outer appearance. Wearing revealing clothes is basically telling men that you do not care about your body enough to cover it up, so why should they? And trust me, they won’t.

Stop sending nude pictures and hoping that will win over a guy’s heart. I want you to understand that as soon as that picture is in their possession, they are showing it to all of their friends. This is not only embarrassing, but also hurtful, and girls are doing it to themselves.

Stop being the girl that is always available. If you always drop your plans in order to make time for a guy, he is going to know that you will do anything to be with him and he will use that as an advantage. He will expect you to be at his beck and call and when you aren’t, he will find someone else who is.

Stop settling for the sake of having someone. It is perfectly fine to be single for any length of time. Respect yourself enough to acknowledge the fact that you need time to yourself. Do not settle for someone who does not respect you just because you want a relationship.

Stop giving into the hook up culture. If you are willing to give everything to a guy within the first week of knowing him, why would he want to stick around and try to date you or even just get to know you? He is probably going to assume that you do that with everyone and that is just not respectable. He will never take you seriously.

We as women have to stop complaining about not being respected by men when we are bringing it upon ourselves. You must know your worth before anyone will ever treat you with respect. People will only treat you how you let them treat you. Stand up to guys and don’t let them treat you any old way because of how attractive they are or because of how much potential you see with them. Why would you even want to give someone the time of day that doesn’t acknowledge how incredible you are?

Proverbs 3:15 says, "She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her." Did you hear that? God tells us that you are more precious than the finest of jewels, so stop letting guys treat you like cheap cubic zirconia.