The Real Deal With The Clowns

The Real Deal With The Clowns

Are these clown sightings a promotional stunt, a prank gone too far or a real threat?

10
The Real Deal With The Clowns
https://vice-images.vice.com/images/content-images/2016/10/07/professional-clowns-explain-how-the-creepy-clowns-are-ruining-business-body-image-1475859767.jpg?resize=1000:*&output-quality=75

We've all seen the videos, the twitter threats, and read the news. The headlining issue: creepy clown sitings across America. New York police officers told citizens not to be alarmed by the clowns. Well, that is a lot easier said than done! These creepy clown sitings have been generating both fear and interest in all different age groups across the country.

Some background information ...

It started in South Carolina; police received reports that clowns were trying to lure children into the woods. Over the following months, there have been reports of clown sitings in more than a dozen states. The police are taking action and arresting any clowns threatening the safety of the public.

On college campuses ...

Penn State University is one of the many colleges that has been subjected to the clown takeover. On October 3rd, a mob of students went out when a clown was spotted on campus. This mob roamed the campus until early the next morning, but were unable to locate any clowns. This event helped broadcast the clowns and put both fear and curiosity into the minds of college students.

From South Carolina to Wisconsin, there have been several alleged clown sitings. In Massachusetts, last Monday, Merrimack College had a lockdown due to a rumored clown on campus. There was no confirmation about the clown, so it remains a mystery about whether or not the siting was a hoax or not.

In towns ...

Recently, the top story about the clowns comes from Auburn, MA. A father of an elementary school student in the town pulled a prank on his son; after the father put his son on the bus to school, he dressed up as a clown because he wanted to show his son that the clowns were a hoax and that anyone could be dressed up as a clown. The father followed his son's school bus, and "unintentionally" scared all the students on board. He was later arrested by police, and will go to court with the chargers of disorderly conduct soon.

But, is it for real...?

Rumor has it that the clown phenomenon started because Steven King wanted to promote his new movie "It" by starting chatter about creepy clowns. But, has Steven King started something that could instill fear into young minds? Similar to the game telephone, the clowns' reputations have moved from harmlessly creepy to violent. These rumors are causing young people to keep their eyes open at all times for the bright red nose on the clown's face.