Finals Week Starter Pack: Where To Study And Why

Are you really ready for finals?

86
Daisy Cuevas

Before we're ready to kiss Spring Quarter goodbye, we have to go through a very,very, painful week of examinations. Below are some suggestions on how to survive finals week and where the best study spots on campus are:

Finals week starter pack:

If you're like me, and stay on campus ALL day, literally from morning to midnight, here's some of the MUST have's to survive:

1. Make sure you have all your study materials with you before you sit down and get working (pencil, notes, paper..etc)

2. BRING ALL your chargers, especially for your laptop. I always make sure to carry around an extension cord in case I find a spot with limited plugs in order to allow others to charge their devices.

3. COFFEE. Enough said. If you planned on studying without any caffeine, what are you doing???

4. SNACKS. It's always great to have some snacks while studying. Some of my favorite snacks are: dried fruits, peanuts and popcorn!

5. A FRIEND. It can get a little stressful or boring studying alone. Try having a friend you study really well with and take small breaks together. Motivation is something we need a little extra of during finals.

6. MUSIC. During finals week, I get easily annoyed of listening to the same music I was listening to weeks ago. I usually create a playlist specifically for finals week with songs I haven't heard in a while.

Once you have everything you need to study, you then have to find WHERE to study?

Finals week study spots:

1. Shields Library

I know, I know, this place is going to be pack with everyone trying to study, especially during the day. But if you arrive there early, you have a high chance of getting a great spot. PLUS, they close at 2AM, so if you're looking for a place to stay up, this is your to-go spot.

2. Physical Sciences & Engineering Library

I normally do not come here at all, but during finals week I like a change of scene. The Engineering library is not as full as Shields and everyone here is very studious! The main reasons I love coming here is because I know I won't see anyone that I know.

3. CoHo (They had me at free coffee)

I do not recommend studying here during the day because it is going to be busy and loud. But I do recommend getting coffee as it is HALF OFF* during finals week. I do love studying at the CoHo at night. They're open as late as 2AM and they have complimentary coffee for FREE while supplies last.

4.Student Community Center (SCC)

I love coming here during the weekends. Usually all the rooms on the second floor are available. I recommend studying in the Multi-Purpose Room, it's great for group sessions. Also, South CoHo is downstairs, if you haven't already tried their Summertime Cooler energy drink you should!

5.Your local coffee shop

I love the setting at coffee shops and I feel more relaxed being there. I usually go to Peet's coffee or Cloud Forest Cafe. I love coming here when I have to work on a long paper.

6. Outside Davis

This is something I started doing. Some friends and I been going to Dixon to study at Starbucks instead of Davis because everything is full and it can be irritating. I would recommend Sacramento, Vacaville or Dixon if you have access to transportation.

These are some finals week suggestions, I hope some of you guys find yourself doing some of these things. Good luck on finals and just remember that summer break is around the corner!