A Reader Lives A Thousand Lives Before He Dies, A Man Who Never Reads Only Lives One

Get lost in one of these great books!

336
Flickr

I read as much as possible in my free time, it is one of my favorite things to do. There is nothing more relaxing to me than getting lost in a good book. Sometimes it is hard to find your next book to read, or where to even begin in finding one. Well look no further! I have put together a list of books that I have enjoyed reading over and over again. I have tried to include as much information as I can about each one to make it easier to find. However, if you have any trouble message me, I love helping people find new adventures!

Author: C. S. Marks

This is the tale of Gorgon Elfhunter, a monstrous, mysterious creature who has sworn to destroy all the Elves of Alterra—until none remain. It is the story of Wood-elven heroine Gaelen Taldin, who has sworn to rid her world of the Elfhunter even as she is hunted by him. The conflict between them creates a tangled web that blurs the line between Light and Darkness, love and obsession, free will and fate. Filled with moments both tender and terrifying, thrilling yet thought-provoking, it is a timeless epic fantasy suitable for readers of all ages. Join the Company of Elves, dwarves, mortal men, and delightfully intelligent horses

Book List Order:

• Elfhunter
  • Iron Promises (optional branch off story)
  • Fire-Heart
  • Ravenshade
  • Fallen Embers & The Fire King (optional history stories)
  • The Shadow-Man (optional branch off story)
  • Outcaste (continuation of Ravenshade only twenty years in the future)

This next author and set of books is a very long one, only choose this one if you feel like being hooked on a story for a while! It is very worth it though. Tamora Pierce has many more books then the ones listed as well.

Author: Tamora Pierce

The Song of the Lioness: Although noble-born girls traditionally go to the convent to learn how to be proper noblewomen and wives, Alanna desires to become a knight, a position only given to noble-born boys. In order to achieve her dream, Alanna disguises herself as a boy under the name of Alan and goes to the palace in place of her twin brother Thom. As Thom has no interest in becoming a knight, and is far more interested in his magic, Thom forges a letter so that he can go to a temple to become an enormously strong and skilled sorcerer.

Book List Order:

• Alanna: The First Adventure
  • In the Hand of the Goddess
  • The Woman Who Rides Like a Man
  • Lioness Rampant
  • First Test
  • Page
  • Squire
  • Lady Knight

Author: Trudi Canavan

The books follow a slum-dwelling girl named Sonea who, although born and raised in the slums of Imardin, discovers that she has natural magical abilities usually restricted to the upper classes. They describe her attempts to escape capture by the Magicians' Guild and gain control of her powers, her struggle to fit in and learn magic, and ultimately her attempts save Kyralia using the one type of magic forbidden from use.

Book List Order:

• The Magician's Apprentice (Prequel)
  • The Magicians' Guild
  • The Novice
  • The High Lord
  • The Ambassador's Mission
  • The Rogue
  • The Traitor Queen

Author: Barb Hendee

The Noble Dead Saga: At the start of the story, the two "half-breeds", together with Chap, make a reasonable living pretending to be 'vampire-hunters'. Eventually the inevitable happens; they cross paths with genuine vampires, one form of the Noble Dead or highest form[s] of the undead. These charlatans are plunged unwillingly into a dark reality of true undead and into their own dark fates as well as other personal secrets they kept hidden (even from each other). Much as they want nothing to do with this, and only to settle down somewhere quiet, they are soon driven from their home on a quest to learn the truth of their pasts and why they've been drawn together. The answers are bigger than any of them wish to acknowledge, aside from a wandering nobleman named Welstiel Massing who shadows their movements and is always too eager to goad Magiere out of hiding and force her onward.

Book List Order:

Phase 1:

• Dhampir
  • Thief of Lives
  • Sister of the Dead
  • Traitor to the Blood
  • Rebel Fay
  • Child of a Dead God

Phase 2:

• In Shade and Shadow
  • Through Stone and Sea
  • Of Truth and Beasts

Phase 3:

• Between Their Worlds
  • The Dog in the Dark
  • A Wind in the Night