Read This If Life Knocked You On You A**

This is why you shouldn’t break even when your world does.

Don’t worry, everything happened for a reason.

I had finished all my high school credits my junior year so my senior year I chose to work full time and save up for college. I was living the absolute dream. I had my own apartment, an amazing job, a great boyfriend, awesome friends, a nice car and I always had so much fun. I graduated high school though and as soon as I was handed my diploma I felt like I was handed my one and only weapon to use and throw out into the wilderness. I thought that I had everything set. That my life was perfect, that there wasn’t a thing in the world that could bring me down. Then, my position at the place I was working was terminated, my boyfriend and I broke up, my car was a hot mess (literately) and so was I.

I wasn’t exactly sure what I did wrong. Did I deserve this? I thought my future was ruined entirely. I had no ambition anymore. It was as though life completely kicked me on my ass and gave me the middle finger. I spent a couple days moping in my sorrows by binge watching Netflix and texting my friends about how miserable I was. A week went by and I decided to climb out of the ditch I was in, push aside my stubborn pride and give life a run for its money.

Life started happening again and it wasn’t terrible. I learned that being kicked on my ass isn’t doesn’t mean stay down. It means get up, fight back and try harder and as soon as I did that good things started happening to me, out of all the bad.

I realized that sometimes doors have to slam shut right in front of your face for new ones to open. I saw the light at the end of the long dark tunnel that I was walking through. But I can honestly say that I’m happier than I have ever been now and I have an even stronger personality than I ever did before. Realizing that no matter what you do there is always going to be hard times. You have to have bad days though to appreciate the good.

My life may have done a complete 360 in one month and I may have not been completely ready for it. Things happen though and sometimes there isn’t much you can do about it. All you need to remember is that you trust yourself and you can do anything. Nothing is impossible in this world and you have to live with that mind set or else you might not survive this crazy roller roaster we call life.