Read This If You Feel Like The Sky Is Falling

Hey! Hey you! If you clicked on this article hoping to hear some words to cheer you up, then you've come to the right place. So just imagine you're placing your head on Mom's shoulder and take it easy.

Everything is going to be okay.

I'm not sure who needs to hear this right now, but everything is going to be okay. If you're anything like me, a needless worrier who is always anxious about something, then believe me when I say everything is going to work out.

I know that life has taken the L recently and that the "new normal" is a different situation for everyone. But know that you are not alone in feeling like Chicken Little—like the sky is falling. No matter your situation, just know that things happen for a reason.

Try to change your thoughts from "Why is this happening to me?" to "Why is this happening for me?"

Personally, I would say that I have it better than most. My family is not sick, I was able to successfully complete a semester of college at Zoom University, and I get to stay quarantined in the comfort of my home. So instead of thinking of all the major inconveniences and the events in your life that have been stopped short due to the pandemic, think of all the things you still have and be grateful for them. Because I guarantee you there are thousands of people out there who do not have those blessings and are dealing with a harder situation.

So now that we have both acknowledged what we still have in our lives, let's focus on making it better.

Don't let these times stop you from achieving your goals and doing what you love. Take this time and develop a skill, practice your hobbies, work on self-care, help others, or advance your academics. And if you are in a situation that prevents you from doing these things, then find small ways in your day that you could do to improve the lives of others. It has always made me feel better to help someone else when they needed it.

I know a lot of people are quarantined alone right now, and probably feel cut off from the world. But know that your friends and family are just a call away. We have FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, social media, and the internet to connect with others. You are never as alone as you feel.

When I was at a low point in my life very recently, someone close to me told me that it is good to acknowledge and even wallow in our sadness for a time because emotions are there to be felt. But don't stay there for too long—recognize that sitting and brewing in bad feelings only makes you feel that way: sad and hopeless. Make the choice to be happy for yourself and strive for it.