It's Ok To Wear The Same Outfit More Than Once A Week

I’m The Girl Who’d Rather Reach For The Same Outfit Every Day Than Reach For Daddy’s Credit Card

Most people can't afford to wear a different outfit 365 days out of the year.

295

Maybe this was just a high school thing, but when people wear one article of clothing more than once in the span of a week or two, it's been brought to my attention just how many comments and rumors are made about it. There are two main things I hear people say about people who re-ware the same outfit two days in a row: one, they are poor and can't afford more, and two, they must not wash their clothes making them dirty and a disgusting person.

The truth? There is literally nothing wrong with re-wearing clothes.

Yeah, some people are not as rich as others. I would say the majority of people cannot afford to have a different outfit for every single day of the year. People also have access to and use a washing machine, a concept I think people forget about just for the purpose of being able to gossip. Re-wearing something does not make you dirty. It makes you a normal person. Or maybe someone has two pairs of the same jeans or two of the same top. Maybe their house burnt down and all they have left are very minimal clothes. There are so many reasons why people could re-wear something. Jumping to conclusions based on pure observation of their clothing is such a stigma in today's world.

Some clothes CAN be worn more than once before being washed.

A pair of jeans that did not get put through too much action one day can be worn again, and it's OK! If they did not get dirty then you do not necessarily need to wash them yet. After wearing them twice you may want to throw them in to be cleaned, but it's up to your own preference. You shouldn't be concerned about what others might say or think about it, if you want to re-wear an outfit, go ahead. If that one shirt fits your figure nicely and you want to wear it out again, girl GO AHEAD! Rock that top. Rock those jeans. Rock whatever it might be. Don't dress based on the opinion of others. Dress for YOU because no one's gossiping comments should affect your decisions. You know you aren't dirty, so if others want to make that assumption, let them be seen as the dirty ones for making something up unnecessarily.

Here's the thing. The more you wash your clothes, the faster they are going to wear out. The more energy, water, and electricity that is going to be used, and even just your own time. There is no reasonable benefit to washing your clothes after every single use. Take them off the ground and fold or hang them up to let them air out. Leaving them in a pile on the floor will make them stink up and seem dirtier than they really are. There are only a couple of items that obviously do need to be washed after every use, but besides those, re-wear your clothes. End the stigma in society and rock that outfit that you look so good in more than once!