Re: Seasons

Re: Seasons

Your season of life is just that; and eventually all seasons come to an end.

38
Re: Seasons
Photo by Takahiro Sakamoto

Seasons change, sometimes drastically, but other times they meld into one another and the change is more subtle. They bring all sorts of changes to our lives. Some bring life and growth. Others usher in a time of rest. Ecclesiastes says it best: “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.” Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 KJV http://bible.com/1/ecc.3.1-8.kjv

The good thing about seasons is that they don't last forever. They may often seem longer or shorter than one another, but they will always run their course until it is time for the next season to begin.

A majority of my readers are single young adults, as am I. More often than not, this season of life seems to be the longest. Maybe it's the well-meaning loved ones who ask "Why aren't you dating? Those guys (or girls) must be blind" or the endless stream of Facebook posts with many of our friends engaged, married, or with a child on the way that gets us believing that we're stuck in this season of singleness forever.

Unlike the seasons we experience every year such as autumn or winter, seasons of life don't have a starting or ending date. There is one thing in common though: Every season has some kind of affect on the person experiencing it. In almost every person's case, this season of singleness is meant for growth. Don't waste this time of your life with bitterness, laziness, or random hook-ups. Use this time to make and achieve some goals and ambitions and cultivate meaningful friendships.