This Is Why Robert Downey Jr. Deserves An Oscar

This man deserves an Oscar for the performance he gave as Iron Man. One of the most popular and entertaining actors of this decade.

43

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past eleven years, you know the name Robert Downey Jr. and have probably seen at least one Marvel movie. Marvel movies have dominated the movie theaters for the past eleven years. They have made a huge impact on everyone's lives. The man who set Marvel movies on this dominating path was none other than Robert Downey Jr. with Iron Man in 2008, Marvel started to climb the success ladder again. RDJ became the face of the franchise. The reason RDJ deserves an Oscar is because of his stellar performance as Iron Man over the past eleven years.

Iron Man was the start of the MCU and has been in the most films (besides Nick Fury who recently surpassed him) out of anyone in the MCU. Iron Man started out as a selfish, egotistical, and the sarcastic yet lovable billionaire. RDJ played him in a way where his sarcastic witty comments made MCU fans everywhere love him so much that they needed more movies with him in it. With every performance and film, RDJ was in his character arc developed into more of a selfless hero. By Endgame, RDJ had made this character have a complete turnaround. Iron Man gave up his entire life to save the world. The MCU got so attached to this character that people actually grieved the loss of their beloved Tony Stark (including me, not gonna lie). RDJ gave the perfect performance that connected to so many people and made this character so perfect. Iron Man would not have been the same if anyone else had been cast with someone else playing the part. The fascination with Iron Man is mostly due to Robert Downey Jr. taking on such an iconic role.

This man deserves an Oscar more than anyone else because of the dedication and performance he gave over the past eleven years. No one else could have given this character a better performance or have been the face of the Marvel franchise for this long.

Robert Downey Jr. deserves an Oscar because he IS Iron Man.