The Top 5 Rising Celebrities From Our Generation
Celebrities

In every generation, there must come a new talented group of actors to keep the art of cinema alive and youthful. While we still respect Meryl Streep and Clint Eastwood, they obviously are in no shape to play the role of an 18-year-old.

40

Pursuing a career in acting is never a sure thing. In fact, "the average unemployment rate for actors, according to the Actor's Equity Association, hovers around 90 percent." (HuffPost). Out of the hundreds of thousands, possibly millions, of people attempting to make a name for themselves in Hollywood, we only hear and follow a select few. Actors like Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Jennnifer Lawrence, Chris Pratt, Robert Downey Jr., Robert De Niro, Jennifer Aniston, and the rest of the A-list stars all started out on the small screen before making it to red carpeted award shows.

Fortunately, recently discovered actors and actresses have begun to find a way to uphold a reputation that could possibly soon resemble respected actors such as Tom Hanks or Julianne Moore.

Here are the top five best up and coming actors who are destined to be part of the talented group of Oscar-winning A-list actors.

5. Zendaya

Beginning a career in acting through Disney channel is definitely not ideal. Just look at Miley Cyrus. For years Cyrus tried to drop her reputation as Hannah Montana by dressing half naked to award shows and publicly expressing herself as a drug user. Now, Miley is barely associated with Disney Channel at all.

Zendaya, however, did not need to go to such lengths to distinguish herself in her profession. Taking on roles like "The Greatest Showman," alongside A-lister Hugh Jackman, and "Spiderman: Homecoming," Zendaya has been able to create a name for herself outside of the Disney realm and proving herself a rather talented actress with a bright future ahead of herself.

4. Tom Holland

While many know Tom Holland from being the new Spiderman in films such as "Spiderman: Homecoming," "Captain America: Civil War," "Avengers: Infinity War," and "Avengers: Endgame," many forget he got his debut on the outstanding film "The Impossible" co-starring alongside Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor. Without his outstanding portrayal of Lucas in "The Impossible," Holland's progressing career as Marvel's newest Avenger may not have been possible.

Holland has not only exhibited his dramatic acting skills on the big screen but he has proved to be a comic and definitely a budding action star.

3. Lily Collins

While many people recognize Lily Collins' from the recently released Netflix film, "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile," Collins has been acting for quite some time. She has already starred in films alongside great actors such as Julia Roberts, Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly, and many more. Lily Collins may not be the most known actress but she is definitely underrated and on the rise. And, if she wasn't already, her performance as Ted Bundy's love interest in "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile" definitely put her on the map.

2. Lucas Hedges

Lucas Hedges is 100% on his way to earning a reputation in Hollywood parallel to Tom Hanks. With his breakout role in "Manchester by the Sea," starring alongside Casey Affleck, he has already gone on to succeed in several other films such as "Lady Bird," "Boy Erased," and "Ben is Back." His performances are breath-taking as he without a doubt transforms into the characters he is playing. At only twenty-two, he's already been nominated or an Academy Award, Golden Globe, and BAFTA Rising Star Award. Only twenty-two and he's accomplished more than most actors are lucky enough to achieve in a lifetime.

1. Timothée Chalamet

Choosing between Lucas Hedges and Timothée Chalamet as the number one spot on my list was a tough choice and this may just be a personal choice but to me, he may be the next Leonardo DiCaprio. Chalamet stole the hearts of many in his renowned role of Elio in "Call Me By Your Name," where he was able to truly display his commitment to acting and talent through his portrayal of a 17-year old homosexual. At age twenty-three he was nominated for an Academy Award. His obvious talent shown from this film earned him a role in Golden Globe winner, "Lady Bird."

Chalamet then went on to star in the 2018 Indie film "Beautiful Boy," where is performance was absolutely breathtaking. He plays the role of Nic Shef, a young adult addicted to crystal meth, opposite Steve Carell. His talent is undeniably similar to Leonardo DiCaprio's in "The Basketball Diaries" where he also played the part of a young drug addict. Now, Chalamet has many movies ahead of him such as the celebrated classic, "Little Women" re-make.